Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Health Insurance That The Republicunts Think Is So Fucking Great
The Health Insurance That The Republicunts Think Is So Fucking Great
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/insuran...eep-alive/

Quote:Insurance company sends letter to 9-month-old boy explaining he’s too expensive to keep alive

I wonder where these pro-life motherfuckers are on this one?
RE: The Health Insurance That The Republicunts Think Is So Fucking Great
They're only pro-life if it's still in the womb, silly.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(October 18, 2017 at 4:11 pm)Minimalist Wrote: https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/insuran...eep-alive/

Quote:Insurance company sends letter to 9-month-old boy explaining he’s too expensive to keep alive

I wonder where these pro-life motherfuckers are on this one?

Their representatives are voting for his death.  Ideals and limiting other people's choices are all well and good, but don't expect them to pay for anything.
This is why private health insurance is a failure and will always be a failure. There is always a balance between what is in the patient's best interests, and what is in the insurer's best interests.

People who think premiums will go down by repealing Obamacare forget that insurers won't simply give up revenue in one area without increasing it in another. They'll increase deductibles for instance, or lower their coverage, reject claims, etc.

Health insurance isn't like car insurance, or home insurance. Cars are easily repaired, and homes can go years or decades without claims. People are complicated to even diagnose, yet alone treat, and people can need healthcare multiple times a year, if not more.

The only solution is single-payer. There is no reason why government provided healthcare, funded by a flat tax on all income sources, couldn't provide the necessary medical needs for every single person in the USA. Not only that, but the government does not have a reason to be profitable, it simply needs to balance the budget, meaning it can pay for experimental treatments.
(October 18, 2017 at 4:13 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: They're only pro-life if it's still in the womb, silly.

Exactly.  Or, as the late-lamented George Carlin put it:  'If you're pre-born, you're fine.  If you're pre-school, you're fucked.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
It's okay. I'm white and English.

Shit, we have a system that tries to help everyone.

After BREXIT we can have better healthcare, like the perfect system in the USA.

Brown people don't need healthcare, guns are good and pregnancy and sexuality are a lifestyle choice.

Cunts.Everywhere.
(October 18, 2017 at 4:54 pm)Tiberius Wrote: This is why private health insurance is a failure and will always be a failure. There is always a balance between what is in the patient's best interests, and what is in the insurer's best interests.

People who think premiums will go down by repealing Obamacare forget that insurers won't simply give up revenue in one area without increasing it in another. They'll increase deductibles for instance, or lower their coverage, reject claims, etc.

Health insurance isn't like car insurance, or home insurance. Cars are easily repaired, and homes can go years or decades without claims. People are complicated to even diagnose, yet alone treat, and people can need healthcare multiple times a year, if not more.

The only solution is single-payer. There is no reason why government provided healthcare, funded by a flat tax on all income sources, couldn't provide the necessary medical needs for every single person in the USA. Not only that, but the government does not have a reason to be profitable, it simply needs to balance the budget, meaning it can pay for experimental treatments.

Yes indeed.  If only the bribing of lawmakers by industry lobbyists were not legal.
(October 18, 2017 at 5:06 pm)JackRussell Wrote: Cunts. Everywhere.

I wish. Then I could shag thin air and score.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  6 of 7 great seven is use Latin ABC Interaktive 26 2082 April 28, 2022 at 3:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] The Mental Health Crisis T.J. 14 1244 December 1, 2021 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Fucking Cops: Volume II Minimalist 2600 248416 June 24, 2020 at 11:40 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Damned Republicunts Minimalist 1793 279022 March 27, 2019 at 11:28 am
  Are There Any Republicunts Who Aren't Crooks? Minimalist 19 1873 October 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm
  IF You Are Wondering Why There Are So Many Fucking Assholes in Alabama Minimalist 15 1854 August 23, 2018 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What Do Republicunts Talk About Behind Closed Doors? Minimalist 3 519 August 9, 2018 at 2:02 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Well Does This Ever Fucking Figure! Minimalist 3 666 June 12, 2018 at 5:14 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Fucking Orange Shitgibbon Can't Stop Talking ABout Himself Minimalist 3 670 May 28, 2018 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Dem senators unveil expanded public option for health insurance Aegon 19 3789 April 26, 2018 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Aegon