Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are There Any Republicunts Who Aren't Crooks?
Are There Any Republicunts Who Aren't Crooks?
Doesn't seem so.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/gop-sen...-hes-tied/

Quote:GOP senator pushed Veterans Affairs to try new PTSD treatment from company he’s tied to

Quote:Sen. Dean Heller, a Nevada Republican, pushed doctors at the Veterans Affairs medical center in Reno to adopt an experimental mental health treatment marketed by a company with ties to his office.
On a Friday night last December in his Reno office, Heller, a member of the Senate Veterans’ Affairs Committee, introduced VA officials to representatives from a health care startup called CereCare. The company markets an “off-label” method of treating addiction and post-traumatic stress, using electromagnetic brain stimulation.
The meeting came about because two of CereCare’s partners had a business connection to Heller’s senior aide in Reno. “We’ve known her for years,” one of the partners, Nino Pedrini, said of the aide, Glenna Smith. Pedrini and his partner have a separate joint venture with Smith’s former employer. “This was Glenna reaching out to us, knowing what we were doing, saying we think there’s a fit here where you folks can help our veterans,” Pedrini said.
RE: Are There Any Republicunts Who Aren't Crooks?
That's kind of scary to think about, my step-dad in a veteran and we live in VA, and I don't think he'd go through with this electromagnetic Brain thing. Considering one doctor he had was very new age like and he told her he wasn't doing that 'crystal healing' shit. LOL To each is there own.
I suppose you believe what you want to believe -- but the story you linked doesn't really lead me to your conclusion.

After all - two veterans groups are in FAVOR of trying this therapy.

So to them - this guy is on their side.

Does that make Amvets a bunch of crooks as well??

Huh
I'm guessing it's the women who are only guilty by association to their husbands.
(October 18, 2018 at 8:07 am)onlinebiker Wrote: I suppose you believe what you want to believe -- but the story you linked doesn't really lead me to your conclusion.

Huh
Why would it?  

Quote:§ 2635.702 Use of public office for private gain.
An employee shall not use his public office for his own private gain, for the endorsement of any product, service or enterprise, or for the private gain of friends, relatives, orpersons with whom the employee is affiliated in a nongovernmental capacity, including nonprofit organizations of which the employee is an officer or member, and persons with whom the employee has or seeks employment or business relations. The specific prohibitions set forth in paragraphs (a) through (d) of this section apply this general standard, but are not intended to be exclusive or to limit the application of this section.
(a)Inducement or coercion of benefits. An employee shall not use or permit the use of his Government position or title or any authority associated with his public office in a manner that is intended to coerce or induce another person, including a subordinate, to provide any benefit, financial or otherwise, to himself or to friends, relatives, or personswith whom the employee is affiliated in a nongovernmental capacity.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/5/2635.702

Vet groups being in favor of trying out a treatment is not the same as an elected official steering federal treatment options to their own business interests.  He's not on our side..he's on his wallet's side, lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 18, 2018 at 9:40 am)Khemikal Wrote:
(October 18, 2018 at 8:07 am)onlinebiker Wrote: I suppose you believe what you want to believe -- but the story you linked doesn't really lead me to your conclusion.

Huh
Why would it?  

Quote:§ 2635.702 Use of public office for private gain.
An employee shall not use his public office for his own private gain, for the endorsement of any product, service or enterprise, or for the private gain of friends, relatives, orpersons with whom the employee is affiliated in a nongovernmental capacity, including nonprofit organizations of which the employee is an officer or member, and persons with whom the employee has or seeks employment or business relations. The specific prohibitions set forth in paragraphs (a) through (d) of this section apply this general standard, but are not intended to be exclusive or to limit the application of this section.
(a)Inducement or coercion of benefits. An employee shall not use or permit the use of his Government position or title or any authority associated with his public office in a manner that is intended to coerce or induce another person, including a subordinate, to provide any benefit, financial or otherwise, to himself or to friends, relatives, or personswith whom the employee is affiliated in a nongovernmental capacity.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/5/2635.702

Vet groups being in favor of trying out a treatment is not the same as an elected official steering federal treatment options to their own business interests.  He's not on our side..he's on his wallet's side, lol.

Got proof that $$ is his motivation?

Could be that he wants to help vets, who want to try a new therapy.

I don't know. I suspect you don't either. You hating the guy' s political party doesn't make him guilty of something.
The FDA approved rTMS back in 2008 and has some efficacy for depressive disorders. 

https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/b...art_152879
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
The dead ones. [Image: Thumbs%20Up.png]

Huh

Thank you for demonstrating that republicunts do not give a flying fuck about official corruption as long as the perp has an R after his name.  If it was a democrat you'd still be screaming.
(October 18, 2018 at 11:58 am)Minimalist Wrote:

Huh

Thank you for demonstrating that republicunts do not give a flying fuck about official corruption as long as the perp has an R after his name.  If it was a democrat you'd still be screaming.

How have I demonstrated that?

I am not a ( R ) and in fact have only only voted for one - the first President Bush - and only for him on the recommendation of one of his past employees - and one distant relative of his. (The same distant relative recommended against the 2nd one).

If it was a ( D ) I would say the same - I don't know his/her motivation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aren't Judaism and Aryanism the same thing? Sweden83 63 2705 December 4, 2020 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: no one
  Damned Republicunts Minimalist 1793 279029 March 27, 2019 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Naturally. Crooks Like Other Crooks Minimalist 0 159 October 16, 2018 at 1:25 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  What Do Republicunts Talk About Behind Closed Doors? Minimalist 3 519 August 9, 2018 at 2:02 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Fucking Republicunts Won The Special Election Out Here Minimalist 3 784 April 25, 2018 at 12:48 pm
  This is Why Republicunts Have To Go Minimalist 29 5660 April 22, 2018 at 9:12 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  The Republicunts Go Off The Deep End Minimalist 5 1347 March 24, 2018 at 8:18 pm
  SCOTUS Invites Republicunts To Go Fuck Themselves Minimalist 11 2183 February 6, 2018 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  The WLB sinks the Republicunts in Virginia Minimalist 12 1934 November 8, 2017 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  They're All Fucking Crooks Minimalist 2 802 November 6, 2017 at 2:39 am
Last Post: GUBU