Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Argument from "better to seek proper vision".
Argument from "better to seek proper vision".
The following was a reply to Whateverist, and I think deserves its own thread.

LOL, thanks you provided me with a reflection on a proper argument for God.

1. It is better to sincerely try to objectively seek the vision of guidance rather than not.
2. If God doesn't exist, there is no reason to believe one can gain vision of guidance.
3. If there is no reason to believe one can gain vision of guidance, then it is not better to objectively seek the vision of guidance rather then not.

1, 3. If both these premises are true, we can conclude there is a reason to believe one can vision of guidance. Call this premise (4).

4, 2 proves God exists if both premises are true.

And you implicit were stating this, but you didn't know it. I gathered this from your sentiment.
RE: Argument from "better to seek proper vision".
Premise 1 begs the question.
Premise 2 doesn't follow.

Premise 4 doesn't follow from 1 and 3.
The conclusion doesn't follow from 4 and 2.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I'm impressed that you can understand enough of what he has written to give him the feedback. Not that it is going to make any difference of course.
Reminds me.

I'm over due to get my eyes tested for my new glasses.
Dying to live, living to die.
Glasses aren't going to help make that drivel make any more sense. But your patients will thank you.
(October 23, 2017 at 10:42 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Premise 1 begs the question.

Do you know how arguments and conclusions work?

(October 23, 2017 at 10:44 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Reminds me.

I'm over due to get my eyes tested for my new glasses.

Actually made me laugh, I got the pun.
You could turn the mess into two mt's in plain english, but the game would be up immediately. 

Spoiler alert

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
[Image: 220e1f460ef09885118b771bcf398f53--optome...-chart.jpg]
Okay.. I have some notes:

First of all; it's obvious that you switched your personality to the "Sarcastic Hamza" profile. Sarcastic Hamza MK, tends to try to "lol" more often, and also "joke" more often. The "Jihadi Hamza" Mk tends -on the other hand- to chant "medieval cheap poetry"  that indicates a very terrible taste mixed with creepy things... and so on; there are many profiles, and many Hamzas to use to in your trolling attempts.

Second, you obviously don't know the true meaning of "implicit" and its antonym: explicit. I mean; check this out:

Quote:And you implicit were stating this, but you didn't know it. I gathered this from your sentiment.

What the hell does this suppose to mean? how does somebody's "implicit" states something?
"Implicit" is not an organ or a thought !

Third, which "Hamza" is coming next; and where's your bootcamp ? I hope it's not "Sacrificing Hamza" who blows himself up for "the cause". These explosions hurt. Especially you. I mean you get blown first !
What do you think of his arguments, though, Atlas? I'd expect you to be sympathetic to one or both.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If people were 100% rational, would the world be better? vulcanlogician 188 22872 August 30, 2021 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Why the vision argument is a very good one! Mystic 72 7729 April 22, 2018 at 12:11 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Is world better without Saddam? TrueChristian 90 11892 December 31, 2015 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Religion had good intentions, but nature has better LivingNumbers6.626 39 9065 December 3, 2014 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: John V
  Trying to Understand Many-Worlds Interpretation Better GrandizerII 45 6904 November 29, 2014 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Happy people are better and superior Mozart Link 30 3794 August 11, 2014 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  What better explains choosing religion of parents. Mystic 11 1652 July 27, 2014 at 11:51 am
Last Post: Dystopia
  Can you help me debate better? Doggey75 20 3758 April 2, 2014 at 8:37 pm
Last Post: psychoslice
  Negative thinking is better then positive thinking Gooders1002 6 1947 May 7, 2013 at 5:26 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Can you forgive someone yet seek justice against them at the same time? Pel 20 7901 January 18, 2012 at 12:49 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko