Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halloween 2010
Halloween 2010
So, what are your plans for this Halloween? Are you going to dress up and go to a party? Will you watch B movies and avoid trick-or-treaters? Or will you do something entirely different?

I'm going to go volunteer in my community's fall festival and hand out candy. My friends from school will be there, so I know I'll have fun. I'm not sure what I'll wear for my costume yet. Knowing me, it will probably be something simple.

Happy (early) Halloween! Big Grin
"If your god has to make peace with me in my final hour when he has my whole lifetime to prove his existence to me...do you think I should bother?"

"But the happiness of an atheist is neither the vacuous enjoyment of a fool, nor the short-lived pleasure of a rogue. It is rather the expression of a disposition that has ceased to torture itself with foolish fancies, or perplex itself with useless beliefs." - Chapman Cohen
RE: Halloween 2010
Why not try this?

[Image: muscle-chest-devil-costume.jpg]

That should fuck up the holy half-wits!
(October 29, 2010 at 7:06 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Why not try this?

[Image: muscle-chest-devil-costume.jpg]

That should fuck up the holy half-wits!

I'd love to, but I think all of the Satan costumes have been bought up. I had thought about dressing up as the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland, but I didn't want to blow $90 on a costume I'd probably only wear once.
"If your god has to make peace with me in my final hour when he has my whole lifetime to prove his existence to me...do you think I should bother?"

"But the happiness of an atheist is neither the vacuous enjoyment of a fool, nor the short-lived pleasure of a rogue. It is rather the expression of a disposition that has ceased to torture itself with foolish fancies, or perplex itself with useless beliefs." - Chapman Cohen
I'm going to be gambit. I have a party to go to tomorrow and there is a dance that probably will suck tonight. I don't know if I'll be going. also thought I don't care about these things my boyfriend and I started dating about this time last year. maybe I should have picked a female character...
[Image: siggy2_by_Cego_Colher.jpg]
(October 29, 2010 at 7:48 pm)Cego_Colher Wrote: I'm going to be gambit. I have a party to go to tomorrow and there is a dance that probably will suck tonight. I don't know if I'll be going. also thought I don't care about these things my boyfriend and I started dating about this time last year. maybe I should have picked a female character...

At least you have the opportunity to go to a party. I'm stuck having to hand out candy to little kids! That is, if I can't skip out and hang out with my friends. XD

1. Fill bowl with candy.

2. Sit on porch eating candy.

3. Offer pieces of candy to the spirits of witches, ghosts, goblins, power rangers, devils, fairies, monsters, ninja turtles, bums, vampires, zombies, care bears, pumpkins and the like to honor the many ancestors of many people and wear a mask to ward off the evil ones.

4. Finish eating/offering the candy. Go inside, turn out the lights.

[youtube]xh_9QhRzJEs[/youtube]
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
I'll be watching the original 1959 version of the "House on Haunted Hill". Vincent Price played the lead role. I watched this when I was young. Still scary...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAV8UFDw_1g
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
(October 29, 2010 at 7:01 pm)Jonah Wrote: I'm not sure what I'll wear for my costume yet. Knowing me, it will probably be something simple.

Happy (early) Halloween! Big Grin

Go as a catholic preist, that'll be scary as hellBig Grin
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
The kids will run shrieking from you.
Quote:Halloween is a Western celebration originated by Celtic pagans and traditionally applied to the evening of October 31. It is completely based on rituals involving dead spirits and devil worship. Moreover, it symbolizes the beginning of the ancient Druid new year, who hold that the dead revisit their homes at that time, thus in essence, Halloween represents the devil worshipper's New Year's celebration. Mexico, which has a similar celebration at the same time, calls the day, "El Dيa De Los Defuntos" (The Day of the Dead). Therefore Muslim commemoration of such a day is absolutely haram; as it involves the worst elements of shirk and kufr. Indeed, participation in it is similar to one commemorating Christmas or Easter, or congratulating the Christians upon their prostration to the crucifix. In fact, it is worse than congratulating them for drinking wine, fornication and so on. Muslim parents therefore should advise their children accordingly and not allow them to participate in these celebrations.

Source:
http://www.islaam.com/Article.aspx?id=300

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Time for some Halloween shit. brewer 142 5070 November 4, 2023 at 4:12 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Happy Halloween! Cecelia 32 2665 November 1, 2020 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Scare people this Halloween by being Karen Foxaèr 5 585 October 20, 2020 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  What are you doing for Halloween? SisterAgatha 54 7564 October 11, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Halloween candy you pass out, and candy you like to recieve vorlon13 26 4043 October 9, 2017 at 6:28 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Halloween is almost upon us - boo! Foxaèr 23 3685 October 7, 2017 at 8:49 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Halloween as a celebration of literature? ReptilianPeon 0 618 October 31, 2015 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Share your AF Halloween Costumes! Aroura 11 2427 October 27, 2015 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  My AF Halloween Costume, biotches Catholic_Lady 12 2885 October 24, 2015 at 1:11 pm
Last Post: Iroscato
  Favorite Halloween Ghost Stories BrokenQuill92 3 1306 October 22, 2015 at 1:10 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92