Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm confused about something
I'm confused about something
I support the most categories of LGBT except transgenders. I don't know if I should be pro or against their transitioning.
I know that transgenders can be great people, and gender dysophia isn't a choice. 
On the other hand I wonder if they are really right, if their brains really don't resemble their assigned genders, if transitioning is really the solution.
If I were against it, I wouldn't force my opinion on anybody. I might try to convince them otherwise, but nothing more.
So should I be pro or against it?

Huh
"By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none"

Charlie Chaplin
RE: I'm confused about something
There's no necessity to be either, is there?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I had a similar reaction to them but finally decided its none of my business.  I'm far more concerned about assholes who might reduce the planet to a radioactive slag heap than I am about some poor bastard who isn't sure if he wants his dick amputated or not.

One needs to maintain a perspective about such things.
My son has just undergone a three hour operation to feel comfortable in his own skin. He has all the support he needs from his loving family.
As long as you treat people like my son with respect then that's great, that's as far as you need to go with it.
I guess you're right, maybe there is no need to be pro or against everything. Nobody can know everything. What I'm sure about is that transgenders should be treated as people.

Charlie Chaplin
(November 3, 2017 at 4:02 pm)Die Atheistin Wrote: I support the most categories of LGBT except transgenders. I don't know if I should be pro or against their transitioning.
I know that transgenders can be great people, and gender dysophia isn't a choice. 
On the other hand I wonder if they are really right, if their brains really don't resemble their assigned genders, if transitioning is really the solution.
If I were against it, I wouldn't force my opinion on anybody. I might try to convince them otherwise, but nothing more.

Huh

You contradict yourself. If, as you point out, gender dysophia isn't a choice then what would be the point of trying to convince them otherwise?
Personally I don't give any sort of a fuck what kind of confused emotional mess adults get themselves into. But gender dysphoria in children? Upon hearing of this 'condition' a few years ago my first reaction was; take the parents outside and kick them from one end of the street to the other. Now after giving the matter some considerable thought, my view now is; take the parents outside and kick them from one end of the street to the other.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(November 3, 2017 at 4:02 pm)Die Atheistin Wrote: I support the most categories of LGBT except transgenders. I don't know if I should be pro or against their transitioning.

Huh

As long as they're treated with the same dignity as anyone else, then being for or against isn't really at all necessary
My only concern is that the WPATH Standards of Care are adhered to.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/amo_hub_content...(2)(1).pdf
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 3, 2017 at 4:02 pm)Die Atheistin Wrote: I support the most categories of LGBT except transgenders. I don't know if I should be pro or against their transitioning.

Huh

Have you considered the very real possibility that it's none of your bloody business?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 3, 2017 at 4:58 pm)Succubus Wrote:

Huh

You contradict yourself. If, as you point out, gender dysophia isn't a choice then what would be the point of trying to convince them otherwise?
Personally I don't give any sort of a fuck what kind of confused emotional mess adults get themselves into. But gender dysphoria in children? Upon hearing of this 'condition' a few years ago my first reaction was; take the parents outside and kick them from one end of the street to the other. Now after giving the matter some  considerable thought, my view now is; take the parents outside and kick them from one end of the street to the other.
You don't have to suffer from gender dysophia in order to agree with it. What I meant is that I won't force my opinion on anyone who supports it.

(November 3, 2017 at 7:19 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

Huh

Have you considered the very real possibility that it's none of your bloody business?

Boru

Yes, after reading comments to this tread.

Charlie Chaplin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Something to watch for (or avoid) The Valkyrie 24 2212 October 4, 2023 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Something to think about .... scamper 16 1607 November 13, 2022 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  A hint at something deeper Ahriman 0 206 October 5, 2022 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  Something for nothing onlinebiker 92 4619 September 14, 2021 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The really real Something For Nothing no one 1 385 September 12, 2021 at 5:50 pm
  Pizza, just bit the bullet, trying something new. Brian37 19 1227 June 14, 2021 at 11:58 am
Last Post: brewer
  It’s Christmas so say something nice The Valkyrie 16 1698 December 19, 2019 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: no one
  When someone says something really stupid. Cod 8 1527 July 28, 2019 at 7:35 am
  If you see something, say something Foxaèr 24 2103 February 1, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Something Great Happened To Me Today... ReptilianPeon 2 968 October 2, 2018 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon