Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyper active minds
Hyper active minds
I think from biological standpoint we aren't meant to "consume" the the amounts of information current age of information presents.
RE: Hyper active minds
From a biological standpoint, the notion that our brain was "meant" for any level of information consumption is meaningless.  I assume you're trying to coment on the notion that theres just too much info out there and available nowadays for the human brain to adequately get a handle on it all..but this was never not true.  

Thankfully, our brains appear to be some sort of abstraction engine, and we have a mechanism to forget and exclude, freeing up space in whatever the total capacity of the human mind may be. More thankfully still, we do not appear to need all available information....if we did, we'd have gone extinct long....long ago.

I don't know about you, but I can't consume -enough- information to satisfy me. I'll be sure to check in, though, if and when I feel as though my head just can't hold any more or I don't have the desire to consume more.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Yeah sometimes I amass too much knowledge for my own good and have to go to the doctor to get my brain drained.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
A shaman will do that for you at a fraction of the cost -and- get you high as part of the service.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 9, 2017 at 3:44 pm)Khemikal Wrote: A shaman will do that for you at a fraction of the cost -and- get you high as part of the service.

Can I reserve this shaman daily?
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
OP, based on your post how do you explain people with eidetic memory? Or autistic savants?

I don't think we understand the full capabilities/capacities of the brain.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 9, 2017 at 3:44 pm)Khemikal Wrote: A shaman will do that for you at a fraction of the cost -and- get you high as part of the service.

Hell, I'll do it for free -and- get you high. I'll even call myself a shaman and put on a funny hat.
It's not like there's a professional accreditation or review board, amiright?
(November 9, 2017 at 3:03 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: I think from biological standpoint we aren't meant to "consume" the the amounts of information current age of information presents.

I have to admit, I'm pretty choosy about the kinds of information I'm willing to clog my remaining synapses with.  

By dividing and conquering, mankind has indeed amassed an enormous amount of information.  I say let those in each field make good use of that information and if anything useful should filter down to me you'll have my heartfelt appreciation.

Personally I favor an uncluttered mind and aesthetic pursuits.  I'm far more interested in the big picture than I am the analysis of every part.  I've never really been a progress-junky, more into being than doing.  

Doesn't mean I don't like people.  Very often you amuse me.  Thanks!
I fill my brain with so much information that I have to edit out parts that aren't important, like people's names and birthdays.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are there any active, free, text-only chat sites that are still going? Mechaghostman2 6 622 January 4, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Our minds adrift Foxaèr 5 643 May 29, 2018 at 5:06 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Minds, Facebook alternative Foxaèr 0 622 July 28, 2017 at 9:34 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Active listening within friendships Edwardo Piet 37 3314 August 1, 2016 at 2:16 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Might be a lot less active for a bit... Edwardo Piet 18 5172 October 27, 2009 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet