Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 5:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our minds adrift
Our minds adrift
Our thoughts are truly the only things private to us.

No one can intrude. Our honest thoughts have to be personally shared.

What happens when we lose touch with our thoughts?

I personally cannot imagine such a tragedy.

Losing one's self to oblivion due to the mind's failure seems dark.

How would you personally handle losing your mind to Alzheimer's?
RE: Our minds adrift
(May 27, 2018 at 8:38 pm)Kit Wrote: Our thoughts are truly the only things private to us.

No one can intrude.  Our honest thoughts have to be personally shared.

What happens when we lose touch with our thoughts?

I personally cannot imagine such a tragedy.

Losing one's self to oblivion due to the mind's failure seems dark.

How would you personally handle losing your mind to Alzheimer's?
Alas, there is no "handling" dementia. You have to depend on others to do that for you.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

I might've lost my mind, my eyesight, my hearing, my memory, but dammit, I've still got my driver's license!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I'm hoping that I have the faculty to do what is necessary before I lose my faculty to do what is necessary,
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(May 27, 2018 at 10:04 pm)Fireball Wrote: I'm hoping that I have the faculty to do what is necessary before I lose my faculty to do what is necessary,

It's not like jumping out of a burning building when the heat is too much to bear.
It's more like jumping from a building when the fire is being lit.

Guys, a quick question. You know how when you're old and lost a lot of your faculties and then you die peacefully in a nursing home.
When you go to heaven? Are you still old and frail? At what stage of your life (memories) does God restore your consciousness to?

What if I shit my pants a lot when I'm 93 and cark it? Who's going to clean it up in heaven? Which lucky bastard made it into heaven and their job is to clean shit up?
Nothing makes sense, does it?... None of it.. These are the hard questions that theists don't like to acknowledge... The little details.
No theists has ever thought about the little details because they're too busy with the mental gymnastics over the big ticket items!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hyper active minds purplepurpose 18 1392 November 10, 2017 at 4:35 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Minds, Facebook alternative Foxaèr 0 621 July 28, 2017 at 9:34 am
Last Post: Foxaèr