Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
favorite movie?
favorite movie?
What is your favorite movie?
Hard Target is my favorite movie.I love action movies so it is my hard favorite movie........................!
RE: favorite movie?
Great post.

Well where do I start. Don't know about an all time favourite movie, there are so many. Some of my good ones are; Alien, Aliens, The Terminator, Predator, The Empire Stikes Back, any good zombie movie (Resident Evil, Day of the Dead etc), Pandorum, District 9, Platoon, Saving Private Ryan, The Longest Day, Trading Places, Back To The Future, The Shawshank Redemption, Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, Mad Max, I am Legend, 2010: The Year We Make Contact, Wall-E, Young Guns, Top Gun.......

You know, where does it end. Mainly sci-fi for me though, love the sci-fi.
Hard to say which one is my favorite, But I guess it would be "The Longest Day".
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
In Bruges.
Bambi vs Godzilla

[youtube]n-wUdetAAlY[/youtube]

EPIC!!!
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(November 1, 2010 at 5:01 am)ib.me.ub Wrote: Great post.

Well where do I start. Don't know about an all time favourite movie, there are so many. Some of my good ones are; Alien, Aliens, The Terminator, Predator, The Empire Stikes Back, any good zombie movie (Resident Evil, Day of the Dead etc), Pandorum, District 9, Platoon, Saving Private Ryan, The Longest Day, Trading Places, Back To The Future, Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, I am Legend, The Day the Earth Stood Still, 2010: The Year We Make Contact, Wall-E, The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly, Young Guns.......

You know, where does it end. Mainly sci-fi for me though, love the sci-fi.
I like all those movies you mentioned, also the zombie movies. I don't know if you get it in your country, the AMC channel on cable just started their "Walking Dead" series last night. Typical theme, virus infection, people die, and become flesh eating zombies. The pilot script seems pretty well written so far. Looks to be an interesting series.

Another movie I liked was Dr. Strangelove...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueuauKKjPZI&NR=1

"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
Well, it's particularly hard to pick one for me, since I have a lot of movies, but when asked that, I usually say "A Clockwork Orange."
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
You can argue the redeeming value of these movies all you want, but there are three I can watch over and over and never get tired of. Chocolat, the newest version of Phantom of the Opera, and the Keira Knightley version of Pride & Prejudice (bleh to all you people who like the older versions - Keira IS Elizabeth).
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(November 2, 2010 at 2:11 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: You can argue the redeeming value of these movies all you want, but there are three I can watch over and over and never get tired of. Chocolat, the newest version of Phantom of the Opera, and the Keira Knightley version of Pride & Prejudice (bleh to all you people who like the older versions - Keira IS Elizabeth).

35 minutes was all I could stand of the new phantom of the opera. it was really over the top and the andrew lloyd webber tunes awfull truly dire.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(November 2, 2010 at 2:18 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: 35 minutes was all I could stand of the new phantom of the opera. it was really over the top and the andrew lloyd webber tunes awfull truly dire.

Saw PotO on stage at the Kennedy center when I was 12. Getting to see it in movie form was strange, but who was I to argue with Gerard Butler wearing those leather gloves.............................. wait, what were we talking about?
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Last Movie You Watched Foxaèr 5438 478069 2 hours ago
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 3738 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 776 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 572 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 457 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 474 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1645 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Parent Trap movie, do you think Lindsay Lohan does British English well in it? Sweden83 6 956 December 5, 2020 at 2:50 pm
  Unhinged movie, what you think of it? Sweden83 5 468 December 3, 2020 at 1:44 pm
  Name a movie that would have been creepy with a sex scene The Valkyrie 40 2287 November 21, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92