Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The DA Was A Pervert And Everyone Knew It
The DA Was A Pervert And Everyone Knew It
But as long as he had that "R" after his name, no one gave a flying fuck.

Such fine xtian values you Alabama turds have.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/alabama-...ool-games/

Quote:Alabama ex-cop says she was tasked with keeping Roy Moore away from cheerleaders at high school games

Quote:A retired Alabama police officer told MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell on Tuesday that she had to keep an eye on Alabama Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore in the 1980s at local high school football games because he would regularly harass the team’s teenage cheerleaders.

Faye Gary, who for 37 years was an officer at the Gadsden Police Department, explained to Mitchell that Moore’s reputation for pursuing underage girls was widely known throughout the community.

Well, sheeeettttt!  If'n jesus don't care, why should they?
RE: The DA Was A Pervert And Everyone Knew It
A decent society wouldn't have allowed him to keep the position. But this is Alabama we're talking about. The decent folks there are outnumbered by the indecent folks.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
Why the fuck does it take 30 + years for this sort of thing to go public?
Dying to live, living to die.
Small town environment usually means only the local media would hear of it, and they might easily bury it. Weinstein was untouched for over thirty years in Hollywood, one of the most under-the-spotlight environments possible.

#metoo has seemingly convinced many complainants that there is safety in numbers, which is both protective cover and of interest to larger scale media.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Because it was Alabama.  It wasn't until he ran in a national election mattered that the Press started doing their jobs.   Remember, this women did not "come forward."  The Washington Post did some actual journalism and got a lead and the whole sordid story started pouring out.  Once it did the floodgates opened and the others who had been equally hiding from what they considered their "shame" decided to speak out.

It does not sound as if it was a hard story to root out.  The whole city of Gadsden seemed to know that Moore was a fucking pervert.
Honestly, if it was this much of an open secret, what I’d like to know is why it took this fucking long for it to come out. He didn’t have shittons of hush money to pay his victims and all his coworkers. Hell, he was prominent enough nationwide in 2003 that he made MAD’s year in review. Is there a reason beyond “because Weinstein” that it took until now for people to bring it up? That shit doesn’t explain why his coworkers kept mum.

This isn’t a rhetorical question, by the way. I really want to know.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Maybe you had better read this... and remember, we are talking about fucking baptist shitball Alabama 40 years ago.  This attitude was pervasive.

https://thinkprogress.org/rape-victims-a...210f4a850/

Quote:Rape Victims At Fundamentalist Christian College Say They Were Told To Repent For Their Sins

Quote:The students who attend Bob Jones University, one of the most conservative Christian colleges in the country, say that they’re often traumatized after seeking counseling from school administrators on the issue of sexual assault. According to an Al Jazeera investigation, Bob Jones staff members have responded to allegations of rape by telling rape victims they should repent for their sins.

Katie Landry, who was raped by a coworker several times during the summer before she started attending Bob Jones, didn’t tell anyone about her assault for several years. She was deeply ashamed and failed most of her classes her first year of school. When she eventually sought counseling, the dean of students told her that “we have to find the sin in your life that caused your rape.”

Sadly, the south has not come a long way.
Does he come from money? People genuflect for people with money on a regular basis. It's pathetic. I lived in a small town in Idaho for about a year. The mayor was a drunken sot who owned the local Chevrolet dealership. He'd go out to lunchand get completely sozzled to the point where, when he needed to relieve himself, he'd stand up right where he was in the restaurant and cut loose. Even the chief of police was there, once, and not a thing was said. Huh If I had done that, I'd've been behind bars before I sobered up, and listed as a sexual felon.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Don't forget the "good old boys club" effect.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
It isn't just Alabama. The POTUS is arguably a far more despicable character but enjoys the full support of Republicans everywhere. Ours, I fear, is a terminally ill society. Often I hear people say it will take us years to recover from Trump but I suspect that is getting things a bit backwards. The fact that people like Trump and Moore are on the national political stage at all suggests that our goose is already cooked. Nations don't recover from these kinds of failures of government, they fall. Then, eventually, something new grows in their place.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Maths is racist! Who knew? ignoramus 27 995 July 1, 2020 at 5:52 am
Last Post: GUBU
  I Knew Democrats Were Better! Minimalist 4 820 November 17, 2018 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  President knew about tower meeting. Brian37 21 1608 July 28, 2018 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  You Shouldn't Have Waved Your Dick Around, Pervert Minimalist 8 795 October 24, 2017 at 9:29 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  His Lawyer Is As Big A Fucking Pervert as the WLB Minimalist 18 4069 May 15, 2017 at 10:57 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  I knew that water slide would kill someone. Brian37 53 4966 August 10, 2016 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus