Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
While everyone is busy with overseas violence.
While everyone is busy with overseas violence.
In Ca we had a guy go into a school murder his wife and a kid. Here locally north of me a fight at a mall ended with one women dead in her car. And  here locally a drunk driver shoot at a cop hitting him 6 times, driver ended up dead. And a girl almost hit in a hair salon by bullets because some assholes had a gunfight across the street at a tattoo place.

I am really getting fucking sick of the delusional right that the left wants to get rid of every single firearm. That is absolute bullshit. But gun violence isn't simply a gang thing or terrorist thing. It is a FLOODED MARKET issue. I am tired of the false argument that saying we make too many and they are too easy to get, somehow that means we want to become a tyrannical state taking everyone's rights way. NO so please fucking stop it.

It is not black vs white, it is not urban vs rural, it is not mentally ill or terrorists. It isn't even legal vs illegal. IT IS ABOUT THE AMOUNT the factories pump out and the ease of access. Nobody is trying to hurt well intended people. Your legal status at time of buy still does not mean the gun wont be used ending up in harm or death. 

Legal at time of buy, does not filter out the behaviors of the buyer who may have problems, but no record. Legal at time of buy does not prevent someone from later accidentally shooting themselves, or getting drunk and harming someone else or committing suicide. "Only the bad guys will have them" is bullshit. 

You can have all the good intent in the world prior to doing ANYTHING in life, but still not be really prepared for the responsibility of what it takes to do ANYTHING. 

Guns are viewed far too much without any thought as to what might go wrong in the future, just like most get into a marriage without thinking and end up having a bad relationship.

We cannot keep pumping them out at the volume we do. We also need to do a better job filtering people even those with no record. Filtering isn't a ban, but merely a filter to insure that person, just like when they want to drive, is going to be less likely to have a crash. 

Cops should NOT have to face every car or house or individual as being potentially deadly to them. If we want our law enforcement to make it home safely, urban suburban and rural, then our country needs to take a hard look at the difference between what we really need and what we merely want. 

Not a big city.......

http://www.wwaytv3.com/2017/04/03/wilmin...-shooting/

Man with history of abuse.

http://ktla.com/2017/04/10/multiple-guns...cials-say/

And a white teen out here in the sticks, charged with murder.

http://www.wwaytv3.com/2017/03/14/wilmin...nt-murder/

This poor girl could have died. 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/...o-10216662

This shit isn't about big city gangs or terrorists or mentally ill, legal or illegal. This shit isn't about taking all guns away. IT is about how far too many paranoid people on the far right don't want to do anything to reduce these events and stupidly think adding more guns to society will reduce events like this.

And the worst part is that those stories above DONT constitute the majority of injury and death, most injury and death HAPPEN IN THE HOME. If you don't care about anything you should at least think about what might happen in your own house. But your blind worship is bleeding into the streets in more and more suburbs and rural areas.
RE: While everyone is busy with overseas violence.
Is there a responsibility to propose a specific plan or course of action that would have had a direct impact on reducing the probability of the referenced case of gun violence ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(April 13, 2017 at 10:51 am)vorlon13 Wrote: Is there a responsibility to propose a specific plan or course of action that would have had a direct impact on reducing the probability of the referenced case of gun violence ??

Not now because we have far too much of a delusional minority holding the rest of the nation hostage, even gun owners who accept that there is a problem. In general the answer is not that hard, none of which involve an all out ban on every single firearm.

1. Make less.
2. Vet better before the factory sells, or the gun store sells.

But, just like economics on the right, everyone WRONGFULLY, who supports their crap screams that any attempt to fix anything is tyranny, when all it is is a call to be pragmatic. 

And again, in those general principles I defy anyone to show me where those two principles call for an all out ban.
(April 13, 2017 at 5:22 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(April 13, 2017 at 10:51 am)vorlon13 Wrote: Is there a responsibility to propose a specific plan or course of action that would have had a direct impact on reducing the probability of the referenced case of gun violence ??

Not now because we have far too much of a delusional minority holding the rest of the nation hostage, even gun owners who accept that there is a problem. In general the answer is not that hard, none of which involve an all out ban on every single firearm.

1. Make less.
2. Vet better before the factory sells, or the gun store sells.

But, just like economics on the right, everyone WRONGFULLY, who supports their crap screams that any attempt to fix anything is tyranny, when all it is is a call to be pragmatic. 

And again, in those general principles I defy anyone to show me where those two principles call for an all out ban.
Conservatives, especially Evangelical ones are paranoid about the government taking their guns.

NRA falsely says Obama's going to take their guns. That doesn't happen but gun sales go through the roof. Nobody even proposed such a bill.

They still trust the NRA.

It's kind of similar to tithing. There's nothing that says Christians have to give anything.
OT tithing was a tithe of food and the tither himself ate some of it.
They keep getting fleeced of 10% of their cash because they don't have the independence to see for themselves.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
Quote:I am really getting fucking sick of the delusional right that the left wants to get rid of every single firearm.

*raises hand* Ahem....

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
But...but....but....what about FREEDOM?

Oh, and add this in.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/04/one-dead...ion-media/

Quote:One dead, three wounded at Atlanta rail station: media

Thank goodness all those fucking guns we have keep us safe.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The terrorism and violence perpetrated by the Uyghurs preceding the "training camps" Duty 10 1198 December 6, 2022 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  [Serious] Woman raped while onlookers did nothing LadyForCamus 115 6040 October 19, 2021 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Escalating violence as armed protests planned in all 50 state capitals TaraJo 64 3436 January 15, 2021 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Facebook selectively condones inciting violence robvalue 8 1005 July 15, 2019 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  Violence in prison does not help. Brian37 1 483 April 29, 2019 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  While 45 is busy vilifying entire groups.... Brian37 11 706 September 22, 2018 at 9:13 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Trump shifts blame to violent video games, movies in gun violence discussion notimportant1234 41 4155 February 23, 2018 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: mlmooney89
  US Gun Violence Victims Harassed by Conspiracy Theorists Seraphina 15 2416 December 3, 2017 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  White Supremicists Were Ready For Violence The Grand Nudger 15 1890 December 2, 2017 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Trump avoids American journalists while in international spotlight. Anomalocaris 8 1795 July 15, 2017 at 9:15 am
Last Post: chimp3