Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 3:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy D-Day, Everyone!
Happy D-Day, Everyone!
In honour of the tens of thousands of soldiers and sailors who risked everything in storming the beaches of France to put an end to the monstrosity of the Third Reich, I would like to encourage each and every one of you to remember their sacrifice by spitting on a Nazi.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Happy D-Day, Everyone!
(June 6, 2022 at 4:00 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: In honour of the tens of thousands of soldiers and sailors who risked everything in storming the beaches of France to put an end to the monstrosity of the Third Reich, I would like to encourage each and every one of you to remember their sacrifice by spitting on a Nazi.

Boru
[Image: Unim7U6uCeh3Y5Xk3WJXRE.jpg]
Lest we forget
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Imma go bomb some shit. For D-Day!
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(June 6, 2022 at 7:59 am)Helios Wrote: -...= I would like to encourage each and every one of you to remember their sacrifice by spitting on a Nazi.

Boru

Done.

(June 6, 2022 at 7:59 am)Helios Wrote: [Image: Unim7U6uCeh3Y5Xk3WJXRE.jpg]
Lest we forget

You know Lest We Forget is applied to all wars not just WW1
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(June 6, 2022 at 4:00 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: In honour of the tens of thousands of soldiers and sailors who risked everything in storming the beaches of France to put an end to the monstrosity of the Third Reich, I would like to encourage each and every one of you to remember their sacrifice by spitting on a Nazi.

Boru

The closest Nazi I know of lives 60 miles away. I don't think I can spit that far.

Plus my wife just might have me put away for sudden onset Tourette's.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Boru

Bring me a Nazi and I will spit on him/her.
(June 6, 2022 at 2:23 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:

Boru

Bring me a Nazi and I will spit on him/her.

They’re not hard to find. Do your own research.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
My natural grandfather, Marvin, and my step-grandfather, Ray (who married my mother's mother after Marvin died), were both on beaches of D-Day together.  I have always wondered if they had ever met each other!  (Unlikely, of course!)   My mother's dad (whom I never met, as he died in 1953) did not have enough of war and would go on to fight in the Korean War, where he would die of some exposure to some chemical agent.  No one knew if he was poisoned to death or encountered something in his service, except that the Army had sent his body back to Waterloo in a glass coffin.

My father's dad had also fought in WWII, in the invasion of Italy; he was a corpsman whose job it was to clear the battlefields of the dead.  During one assignment the Germans started shelling the field of battle and my grandfather's company run to their foxholes.  One serviceman, his friend, did not make it, and was blown in half by a shell.  He died in my grandfather's arms; his last words were that he wanted his mother.

My Dad was born in 1949; I was born in 1967.
My gramps didn't make it to D-Day. A navigator in an 8th AF B-17, he died somewhere over northwestern Europe in 1943.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Canada Day 2023 The Architect Of Fate 11 640 July 2, 2023 at 4:41 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Happy Canada Day 2022 The Architect Of Fate 17 1243 July 11, 2022 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Happy Canada Day !!! The Architect Of Fate 19 1381 July 2, 2021 at 11:13 am
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  Happy Treason Day The Valkyrie 41 2622 July 6, 2020 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Happy Labor Day Minimalist 6 739 September 3, 2018 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Jehanne