Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the weirdest thing...
What is the weirdest thing...
What is the weirdest thing that ever happened to you? Something that defies explanation.

About ten years ago, I was driving home late from work in a residential area near my home. I was driving my wife's new Ranger when all of a sudden a cat darts right in front of me! I slammed on the brakes and nothing! I just kept going! I let the brake off and reapplied them and stopped. I then got out of the truck to see if I could help the cat. There was no cat.

Continuing home, I kept slamming on the brakes to make sure they worked as it was my wife's vehicle. They worked every time. When I turned onto my street, it dawns on me that the reason the brakes seemed to not work was because the truck was in flight!
RE: What is the weirdest thing...
Say Wot?
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
I think he "jumped over" the cat, ie hit a makeshift ramp in the road and went airborne.
Or maybe he's not too good at jokes? Dunno
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(November 26, 2017 at 1:01 am)vulcanlogician Wrote: I think he "jumped over" the cat, ie hit a makeshift ramp in the road and went airborne.

I think he's implying that his god lifted the truck to save the cat.

Which is funny to me, since in my area of the world, everything from squirrels to household pets (usually cats) to deer and moose are hit by vehicles with some regularity, with most of the drivers believing in one of the variations of the god he believes in. Shit, I almost hit a freaking owl several years ago at night because it caught its prey in my lane.

Animals in the road... pretty mundane. You want weird? Try tripping on ketamine. Back in the late 80s/early 90s my surgeon used it as my general anesthetic (or, part of a cocktail). It's the reason why I laugh at all the NDE threads. I know firsthand what a brain can do when it's being chemically altered. I still vividly remember several of my hallucinations. And I'm talking shit like seeing my own mother operate on me, being on a floating island in a purple-gray void with lightning in the background as 3D letters whizzed by me while everything smelled of ozone and rain, etc.
cool story bro

got side order of evidence to go with it?
(November 26, 2017 at 12:10 am)Haipule Wrote: What is the weirdest thing that ever happened to you? Something that defies explanation.

I can think of an explanation for everything that has ever happened in my life. Isn't that normal? Miracles kind of never happen Dunno
(November 26, 2017 at 2:06 am)KevinM1 Wrote:
(November 26, 2017 at 1:01 am)vulcanlogician Wrote: I think he "jumped over" the cat, ie hit a makeshift ramp in the road and went airborne.

I think he's implying that his god lifted the truck to save the cat.

Which is funny to me, since in my area of the world, everything from squirrels to household pets (usually cats) to deer and moose are hit by vehicles with some regularity, with most of the drivers believing in one of the variations of the god he believes in.  Shit, I almost hit a freaking owl several years ago at night because it caught its prey in my lane.

Animals in the road... pretty mundane.  You want weird?  Try tripping on ketamine.  Back in the late 80s/early 90s my surgeon used it as my general anesthetic (or, part of a cocktail).  It's the reason why I laugh at all the NDE threads.  I know firsthand what a brain can do when it's being chemically altered.  I still vividly remember several of my hallucinations.  And I'm talking shit like seeing my own mother operate on me, being on a floating island in a purple-gray void with lightning in the background as 3D letters whizzed by me while everything smelled of ozone and rain, etc.
I didn't imply anything. It defies explanation. Looking back, I have done experiments with ElectroMagnetism because my opinion is the truck was in an EM bubble(don't know what else to call it). In an EM bubble, gravity can't recognize weight and the light bending around means I was also invisible. Yet, how did I get in an EM bubble? I could point to God, or angels or, whatever but, I would rather understand the mechanics. It is mechanically possible naturally because I've seen it. I'm getting to understanding it and soon I will fly again and I will be Gravity Man! Gravity is a scalar force. The vector of weight is down. In an EM bubble, you would be fully weight but you would experience no wind or G-force. I could stop on a dime and give you 9 cents change!
Hammy ...That's because you've never experience the miracle of LOVE!

*iggy dry reaches while typing*
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(November 26, 2017 at 2:10 am)chorlton Wrote: cool story bro

got side order of evidence to go with it?
I did veer off to the left as the road veered to the right. Apparently, the steering didn't work either!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The best thing about ____________ ( fill in blank) onlinebiker 3 303 March 13, 2022 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I just found the coolest thing on the planet The Valkyrie 5 550 July 14, 2021 at 7:08 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  One thing I hate about the human language. Brian37 13 1106 June 25, 2021 at 11:19 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  The good thing about being forgetful and bills.... Brian37 13 682 July 25, 2020 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  My cat is the weirdest thing Foxaèr 17 1762 October 9, 2018 at 8:18 am
Last Post: Mermaid
  Say the nicest thing about the user above. Mystic 26 1835 October 7, 2018 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  The biggest thing I've learned as I've got older is... robvalue 80 4893 September 27, 2018 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Hobbitgirl
  The best thing about being dead is ... Gawdzilla Sama 17 1445 June 15, 2018 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  One Thing In Fiction That Always Causes Me To Facepalm Amarok 23 3973 May 1, 2018 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  My cat is the worst thing ever! Foxaèr 14 3035 April 24, 2018 at 12:51 am
Last Post: ignoramus