Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Micheal Flynn charged
Micheal Flynn charged
Quote:Michael Flynn was forced to resign in February, a month after he was questioned by the FBI for misleading the White House about meeting then Russian ambassador Sergei Kislyak during the transition period before Mr Trump took office.
According to the charge sheet, Michael Flynn is accused of:

• falsely telling FBI agents that on or about 29 December 2016 he did not ask Mr Kislyak to "refrain from escalating the situation in response to sanctions that the United States had imposed against Russia that same day"

• failing to recall that Mr Kislyak had later told him Russia was moderating its response to the sanctions as a result of his request

• falsely saying that on or about 22 December 2016 he did not ask Mr Kislyak to "delay the vote on or defeat a pending United Nations Security Council resolution". Although there is no detail of the resolution in question, the discussion came a day before  asserting that Israeli settlements on occupied Palestinian territory "had no legal validity".
Original BBC article here

So...is this just the beginning?  Or is this going to be as bad as it gets?  I've read more than one speculation that Kushner is going down soon, but that is just speculation.
None of us can tell the future of course, but I'm curious what predictions people have.

My one prediction is that there will be apologists in this thread, and they will use the same deflect/ignore tactic they've been using for months.  Let's see if I'm right!
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
RE: Micheal Flynn charged
It seems to me that Flynn got a sweetheart deal from Mueller.  He didn't get that because of his winning personality.  He got it because he had the dirt on the people above him.

Now, you have to ask WHO was above him.  Jared.  Pence.  And most of all, the WLB himself.
Not that it matters if he didn't get a deal.  If he's guilty, and he just pleaded so...then the WLB obstructed justice.  The case is procedural.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
The news tonight said that Jared ordered one of the Dec contacts with the Russians on some Israel issue.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
That little twerp never had an original idea in his life.  Whatever he did someone told him to do.
(December 1, 2017 at 4:06 pm)Aroura Wrote:
Quote:Michael Flynn was forced to resign in February, a month after he was questioned by the FBI for misleading the White House about meeting then Russian ambassador Sergei Kislyak during the transition period before Mr Trump took office.
  • falsely telling FBI agents that on or about 29 December 2016 he did not ask Mr Kislyak to "refrain from escalating the situation in response to sanctions that the United States had imposed against Russia that same day"

• failing to recall that Mr Kislyak had later told him Russia was moderating its response to the sanctions as a result of his request

• falsely saying that on or about 22 December 2016 he did not ask Mr Kislyak to "delay the vote on or defeat a pending United Nations Security Council resolution". Although there is no detail of the resolution in question, the discussion came a day before  asserting that Israeli settlements on occupied Palestinian territory "had no legal validity".

So...is this just the beginning?  Or is this going to be as bad as it gets?  I've read more than one speculation that Kushner is going down soon, but that is just speculation.
None of us can tell the future of course, but I'm curious what predictions people have.

My one prediction is that there will be apologists in this thread, and they will use the same deflect/ignore tactic they've been using for months.  Let's see if I'm right!

Given what the two Flynns have dodged with Snrs plea, the evidence will have to be enough to hang Drumpfuck by the neck ujtil he is dead. Either that or stone him, Jerusalem style.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Ding dong, the beeaaatch is dead, the orange beeeaatch, ding dong the orange beeaatech is dead.

Mueller's going to drop a house on someone soon.
(December 1, 2017 at 4:06 pm)Aroura Wrote:

Something I'm not clear on.  If he had told the truth about these things, rather than lying to the FBI, what would he be charged with?  If the only criminal act is perjury, there's no way for it to go up the chain outside of more perjury charges.  Or is there some secondary treason type aspect that is also getting attached at a later date?
Mueller had him on his interactions with Turkey over that cleric that Erdogan wants to murder.  The fact that he only charged him with the lying to the FBI thing merely indicates how much of a sweetheart deal Flynn got.  He must have given Mueller some great info on the handful of people who are further up the food chain.

And, should Flynn's commitment to the deal falter, Mueller can always trot out all those other crimes which are not covered by the agreement.  Or, turn them over to state prosecutors where even the WLB can't issue a pardon.
Copped a plea, yup. Though if there was collusion with the Russians on the election, he should burn for that, IMO.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] If Trump is indicted or charged, will he be convicted? Jehanne 30 1974 August 30, 2022 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Trump under fire for racially-charged tweets against congresswomen zebo-the-fat 151 9844 August 10, 2019 at 1:16 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Ford executives charged with torture and kidnapping cratehorus 6 2550 May 23, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: Sal
  Is this seriously worth it? Guantanmo inmate never charged with a crime, dies after 11 years in US custody Hovik 66 26064 September 26, 2012 at 3:10 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Societal Scapegoat or Guilty as Charged? Cinjin 31 6384 August 22, 2011 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Ace Otana
  Pope charged with crimes against humanity in the World Court Diagoras 7 4965 February 24, 2011 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: OnlyNatural