Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions on the NES & SNES Classic?
Opinions on the NES & SNES Classic?
 Hey there, here's another gaming related post.

I don't really need a NES or SNES Classic, since I have a NES and SNES emulator on my Wii, but what do y'all think about it?

Also, what do y'all think of those thieves *cough* I mean scalpers trying to resell the NES and SNES Classic for higher prices?...

Also, shouldn't Sega try to compete by making a Sega Genesis Classic? And I know that AtGames has already done that,
 but they have done it really poorly: with frame rate problems, sound hiccups, and etc... I think Sega themselves could do a WAY
 better job than AtGames.

Anyway, what is your opinion on this matter?...

RE: Opinions on the NES & SNES Classic?
I wouldn't buy an NES these days, despite having fond memories of games from that era. They remade Legend of Zelda on a disk which I had on Gamecube, until it was stolen. Blaster Master got remade of the Switch. I regret missing Punchout on the Wii. Popular games will usually get remade on later systems, if you wait long enough. For everything else, there are emulators.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I made one which supports NES, SNES, game boy advance, and N64 games. Much cheaper, much cooler.
(December 1, 2017 at 6:05 pm)Chad32 Wrote: I wouldn't buy an NES these days, despite having fond memories of games from that era. They remade Legend of Zelda on a disk which I had on Gamecube, until it was stolen. Blaster Master got remade of the Switch. I regret missing Punchout on the Wii. Popular games will usually get remade on later systems, if you wait long enough. For everything else, there are emulators.

Emulators are the way to go, there free and have a great community behind them. If you miss the classic controller, then get the system, all you really need a basic USB controller and a decent computer, tablet or smartphone and your playing the classic games again. In my opinion has gamer, save your money and pass on the NES classic, that $79.00 you saved can be put into something else for your gaming needs, but I'm a exclusive PC gamer though so my opinions on consoles are a bit biased though.
     “A man isn't tiny or giant enough to defeat anything” Yukio Mishima

OH, IDK.  I built an NES from scratch IRL because I like electronics.  I'm such an NES nerd...that I built an analog NES in a video game on my pc....just because I could, even though it couldn't play shit. Don't get me wrong, emulators are cool as fuck. I have one to play NES games on...but I'm not a programmer...so.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I can beat anyone's arses at SNES Mariokart even with infinite lightning bolts on your side, n00bs.
I detest new consoles playing old games. I have all the original consoles and you can bet when I want to play an old game I will bring out the system it goes to. I do admit they are more work and the cords on the controllers limits your game space but I think it's worth it. I bought all my systems at thrift store like gaming shops where they are pretty cheap so it's just buying the more rare games that are expensive.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
There's something special about owning an original console too.

If I had a TV I'd definitely get a Sega Genesis/Megadrive, a Playstation 1 and a SNES.
waste of money get scrape of the roms buy a raspberry pie a usb controller and a SD card there you go.
you have an effective emulation station with the ability to play multiplayer online with roms as well as other systems.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(December 7, 2017 at 10:36 pm)dyresand Wrote: waste of money get scrape of the roms buy a raspberry pie a usb controller and a SD card there you go.

If saving money is the objective just use your PC Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best NES/SNES emulator(s) vulcanlogician 24 3424 January 1, 2019 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Does anyone here have any favorite SNES games? ƵenKlassen 18 2651 November 18, 2017 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  My son wants the impossible to get Nintendo Classic Asmodee 36 6348 December 28, 2016 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Hundreds of classic computer games free to play at archive.org Ryantology 14 3253 January 11, 2015 at 5:35 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Capturing SNES video Aractus 0 1872 December 16, 2012 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Aractus
  SuperUfo on the SNES Aractus 5 2072 December 13, 2012 at 9:19 am
Last Post: Aractus