Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Communion/transubstantiation question
Communion/transubstantiation question
This is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me.
Jesus Christ

So, Jesus passed out the crackers and sent the goblet around the table to his disciples.

-and-

I'm assuming he partook Himself.

So what happened inside Jesus?  Did transubstantiation occur 'instantaneously' as He consumed the sacramental bread and wine, or did He allow His physiology to just go ahead and do what it usually does with His ingested vittles ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: Communion/transubstantiation question
You're overthinking it V.

Is it cannibalism if you eat yourself?
Is it partial cannibalism if you eat your boogers? eeewww
If you continuously eat your own skat, is it nested cannibalism all the way down?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I bite my fingernails, does that count?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Quote:The earliest known use of the term "transubstantiation" to describe the change from bread and wine to body and blood of Christ in the Eucharist was by Hildebert de Lavardin, Archbishop of Tours, in the 11th century.

Like most shitty ideas, it caught on quickly!

One thing for sure.  No one is ever going to confuse the fucking thing with a Ginger Snap.

[Image: 20131217-gingersnaps-taste-test-stauffer...373006.jpg]

As I recall.... and it has been a long time....it tastes like a cross between newspaper and wall paper paste.
First documented case of conjoined twin?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 2, 2017 at 2:13 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:The earliest known use of the term "transubstantiation" to describe the change from bread and wine to body and blood of Christ in the Eucharist was by Hildebert de Lavardin, Archbishop of Tours, in the 11th century.

Like most shitty ideas, it caught on quickly!

One thing for sure.  No one is ever going to confuse the fucking thing with a Ginger Snap.

[Image: 20131217-gingersnaps-taste-test-stauffer...373006.jpg]

As I recall.... and it has been a long time....it tastes like a cross between newspaper and wall paper paste.

And it sticks to the roof of your mouth IIRC.
(December 2, 2017 at 1:36 am)ignoramus Wrote: You're overthinking it V.

Is it cannibalism if you eat yourself?
Is it partial cannibalism if you eat your boogers?   eeewww
If you continuously eat your own skat, is it nested cannibalism all the way down?

The entire motif really is nothing more than a competition of prior polytheism animal sacrifice. I'd bet that because many people were getting sick from bacteria from bathing in animal blood or drinking unfiltered animal blood, this was an attempt to get away from that. 

But back then, the bible was taken very literally so yea, back then, they did believe they were eating the body of Jesus. Just like they literally believed in magic babies with super powers. 

But just like other religions, when called out on it, it gets relegated to "symbolic" or "metaphor".
Has any theists said exactly where in the process that transubstantiation takes place? Mouth, esophagus, stomach, intestine, colon, rectum? Or considered that they eventually poop jesus?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 2, 2017 at 10:47 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Has any theists said exactly where in the process that transubstantiation takes place? Mouth, esophagus, stomach, intestine, colon, rectum? Or considered that they eventually poop jesus?

I submit your question is moot because Jesus is already poop going in.
IIRC the xhristards claim it is when the priest says "abracadabra" over the thing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transubstantiation 'miracle' shenanigans Longhorn 59 12087 May 14, 2015 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Only 26% of Irish Catholics believe in transubstantiation Ziploc Surprise 51 22327 June 11, 2012 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Lesbian denied communion at mother's funeral Doubting Thomas 16 7109 March 2, 2012 at 2:43 am
Last Post: Violet