Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transubstantiation 'miracle' shenanigans
Transubstantiation 'miracle' shenanigans
The alleged miracle of Lanciano has been bothering me ever since someone used it as 'proof' in an argument

Long story short, some Basilian monk/priest was having doubts about transubstsntiation, and during a service the wine and bread turned into blood and flesh for realsies, gais!!

So the story is obviously bogus and I'd rather not delve too deep into who the flesh being displayed today belonged to or what happened to them (and neither does the Vatican, ofc), but it begs the question...

If the catholics deeply believe that transubstantiation takes place every single service in the literal sense, why is this dubious tourist attraction called a 'miracle'?

Also: what the fuck? Somehow I can't connect the hippie charismatic boy posse leader with ritualistic cannibalism

The jest of the whole shebang is, the fucking WHO allegedly tested this 'miracle' and the report, which is mysteriously MIA basically stated something along the lines of 'science doesn't know, therefore magic fairy dust'*

Oh, catholics... what lengths wouldn't you go to? I swear, sometimes it's like they're mainly trying to convince themselves

*yours truly's liberal interpretation
RE: Transubstantiation 'miracle' shenanigans
I don't think they are trying to convince themselves. I think the higher-ups are all cynical, see themselves as enlightened and merely think the sheeple needs these silly things.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

You're probably right. And they even thought to include what they think is compelling evidence by hiring two biased scientists who reached bullshit conclusions in 1970, just so they can say it's been tested. And, to your regular godly church goer, it must be very convincing.

But if this is what an omnipotent god does to showcase his godness and omnipotence, I am not fucking impressed
It's so weird that something so weird can be seen as normal by so many.

If I look up to someone and respect them, I don't also feel the need to pretend I'm eating bits of them.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Parish coffers swell when there is a new show and tell item.

Follow the money people, it ain't any more complicated than that.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I never bought that e.g. Joe Ratzinger ever took any of those dozens Mary apparitions and their various meanings seriously. I mean, come on. He must have thought it was some kind of theatre to keep the uneducated masses in the faith.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Ratzinger, a/k/a Herr Von Popenfuhrer's favorite song was,

[Image: 50518604panzerpope.jpg]

"Eye of the Tiger."
Actual, turning the bread and wine into realio-trulio flesh and blood is not  transubstantiation.  According to Catholic dogma, it isn't the physicality of the products, but the substance of them, the underlying reality, that is the miracle.  In fact, the church has gone so far as to claim that after the transformation into the body and blood of Christ, the bread and wine are, to all sense and to any scientific test imaginable, unchanged in physical form.

So, the way to prove transubstantiation would be to get some bread and wine, pray over it, and lo! watch it magically transform into...bread and wine.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Oh, I see... it really does turn into flesh and blood, it just does it in such a way that it cannot be proven in any way to be true! It makes perfect sense!
Ah, OK! How could I have missed that obvious explanation Tongue
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the lamest "miracle"? Thor 32 6304 November 23, 2022 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The false miracle of Fatima now a movie Foxaèr 17 1650 September 6, 2020 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The Miracle of the Sun. Jehanne 9 1422 August 20, 2018 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Miracle Spring water Joods 24 3693 June 27, 2018 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Communion/transubstantiation question vorlon13 15 1973 December 2, 2017 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  The undeniable miracle at Fatima pabsta 582 154792 August 19, 2017 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Another fake Catholic miracle. Jehanne 96 19381 August 11, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  You Can't Disprove a Miracle Rhondazvous 155 16332 March 18, 2016 at 11:05 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Proof of a Miracle? TrueChristian 13 4223 December 19, 2015 at 11:40 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  With Science and Archaeology and Miracle's evidence for God TheThinkingCatholic 35 11083 September 20, 2015 at 11:32 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut