Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Philosophy Of Antifa (Or Why It's Critics Are Wrong )
The Philosophy Of Antifa (Or Why It's Critics Are Wrong )

Watch it ! 

Learn from it !

It's freaking insightful
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

RE: The Philosophy Of Antifa (Or Why It's Critics Are Wrong )
Unfortunately, peace isn't always an option. 
Tis sad, but true.
(December 2, 2017 at 5:31 pm)Thena323 Wrote: Unfortunately, peace isn't always an option. 
Tis sad, but true.

And sometimes the price of peace and order is just to high
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

True dat.
I watched about 3 minutes. I am not watching that for 1 hour plus. I could read the material a ton faster. Do you have an elevator version?
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(December 2, 2017 at 6:41 pm)Fireball Wrote: I watched about 3 minutes. I am not watching that for 1 hour plus. I could read the material a ton faster. Do you have an elevator version?

I'll ask a the author (he is a friend)

Thou i will point out the video is split into chapters .

Inuit Proverb

(December 2, 2017 at 6:56 pm)Tizheruk Wrote:
(December 2, 2017 at 6:41 pm)Fireball Wrote: I watched about 3 minutes. I am not watching that for 1 hour plus. I could read the material a ton faster. Do you have an elevator version?

I'll ask a the author (he is a friend)

Thou i will point out the video is split into chapters .

Thanks. I read a pile faster than a video will give me information. I was in the garage "shop" doing wood working pretty much all day, and while this video is interesting, I don't want to spend that much time on it. When I told my friends and family that I was retiring (3 years ago), many of them asked what I was going to do. I have so many things that have been placed on hold because of work that I probably won't finish all of them before I die...wood working, wood carving, copper smithing, etc. The list is a mile long. Those are just my hobbies. I'm down to one atheist site, one wood working site, one truck site (I have a 47 year old truck) and one metal working site. I'm busier now than before I retired, with the difference being that about 60% of it is what I want to do...and I don't spend 2+ hours a day commuting, any more. That time turned into sleep and exercise time.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(December 2, 2017 at 5:31 pm)Thena323 Wrote: Unfortunately, peace isn't always an option. 
Tis sad, but true.

[Image: 20f348.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 3, 2017 at 10:05 am)vorlon13 Wrote:
Tis sad, but true.

Yes, Vor. Really.

My statement did NOT disavow peaceful demonstration/protest as a means of achieving an end. Or refute the clear impact it's had on affecting social change in the past. I should think that peaceful resolution would be most folk's preference; it is mine.

However, when that ideal is not attainable, my hat goes off to those who know when to start drawing some lines of their own.
(December 3, 2017 at 10:05 am)vorlon13 Wrote:
Tis sad, but true.

[Image: 20f348.jpg]

Vol you do realize the civil rights movement had no problem using violence. And King himself  did not always believe peaceful means would win out . But yes peaceful means can win . But there are certain opponents it will not work on. Fascism as an ideology  is uncompromising  .

Inuit Proverb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's wrong with Woke Spongebob 40 2829 January 23, 2022 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Liz Cheney Says She Was Wrong... Secular Elf 2 340 September 28, 2021 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Philosophy of Politics. UK has too much pussies nowadays too : 3 Duriu 7 1535 May 6, 2018 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Everything wrong with Fox News in one video Fake Messiah 5 680 March 17, 2018 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Yer doin' it wrong. Gawdzilla Sama 3 686 October 14, 2017 at 7:59 am
Last Post: brewer
  What in the FUCK is wrong with Republicans? NuclearEnergy 22 5525 August 11, 2017 at 5:50 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Why can't Trump supporters admit there is something wrong with him NuclearEnergy 191 59349 June 21, 2017 at 10:23 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Do you think there is something mentally wrong with those who support Trump NuclearEnergy 31 10296 June 2, 2017 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  It's only a matter of time until Trump throws rocks at the wrong person NuclearEnergy 0 506 March 7, 2017 at 4:35 am
Last Post: NuclearEnergy
  What The Hell Is Wrong With Some People A Theist 47 6823 March 5, 2017 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: Jackalope