Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What The Hell Is Wrong With Some People
What The Hell Is Wrong With Some People
The widow of fallen Navy Seal hero, Carryn Owens, was invited by President Trump to be present in the audience to honor the memory of her husband, Ryan Owens, at his first address to Congress. Owens' grieving and heartbroken widow was received with applause and a standing ovation by everyone in Congress. There didn't seem to be many dry eyes there, even the Generals in uniform were moved.

But, hateful, uncaring, inhuman, filthy pieces of shit took it upon themselves to not only politicize this event but even had the lowest form of indecency to attack the widow herself! It all went beyond poor taste, to stir up a controversy just because she was invited to attend President Trump's address to Congress and to be present while the memory of her husband was being honored. It was cruel and inhuman.

Quote:A former Hillary Clinton volunteer drew swift condemnation -- and lost his job -- after mocking the widow of a fallen Navy SEAL who was honored by the president during his congressional address Tuesday night.

Dan Grilo, who said in his Twitter profile that he was a former volunteer for both Hillary Clinton and President Barack Obama, made the remarks after Trump paid tribute to Carryn Owens. She is the widow of U.S. Navy SEAL William “Ryan” Owens, who was killed in a counterterrorism raid in Yemen last month.

“Sorry, Owens' wife, you’re not helping yourself or your husband’s memory by standing there and clapping like an idiot. Trump just used you.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/...-seal.html

...and Michael Moore

"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
RE: What The Hell Is Wrong With Some People
To each their own. It's her business if she likes to be intrumentalised for political gain. And that's not a partisan statement. I would feel the same if Obama had done something like that. There isn't a single shred of honesty to be found in such an invitation.

The one thing I agree with you on is it's nobody else's business.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Poor woman, but what a non-story. Seriously, some guy on twitter who once volunteered for the democratic candidates said something grossly insensitive? Fox news scraping the bottom of the news barrel here.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I know what it means to grieve a fallen soldier... I wouldn't care what Trump was using it for as long as the hero's name was being spoken all over the country he died defending. They don't die for the fame but they deserve it. I can't stand Trump but I'm okay with putting spotlights on the fallen.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
I would hope that not everybody on this forum feels the same way as you two. Two fine examples of liberalism. You're definitely in no position to lecture anyone on humanity, alex k and arbaris.

(March 2, 2017 at 12:01 pm)mlmooney89 Wrote: I know what it means to grieve a fallen soldier... I wouldn't care what Trump was using it for as long as the hero's name was being spoken all over the country he died defending. They don't die for the fame but they deserve it. I can't stand Trump but I'm okay with putting spotlights on the fallen.

Sorry to hear about your loss.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
My heart goes out to the widow, it really does. Her husband was obviously a very brave man who loved his country. That being said, even the sight of Michael Moore is enough to piss me off.

I can't stand him.
Think we should hold up our fallen veterans with dignity and reverence.

However, I would prefer to see it kept more of a private matter and not politicized.

My heart goes out to Chief Owens family. They have a lot of tough years ahead.
People attacking the widow are idiots. If she didn't want to be there, she wouldn't have been there.

The Democrats politicize fallen veterans as well, and they did so during the campaign by inviting the Khan family to give a speech. I didn't have an issue with that, and I don't have an issue with this.

Trump however, should be apologizing and taking the blame for Ryan's death, just as presidents before him took the blame for the deaths of soldiers.
It's one thing to take potshots at the prez, another to aim at the widow.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Remind me again how wonderful the WLB was to the family of that muslim soldier who was killed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1305 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What's wrong with Woke Spongebob 40 2828 January 23, 2022 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Liz Cheney Says She Was Wrong... Secular Elf 2 339 September 28, 2021 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Everything wrong with Fox News in one video Fake Messiah 5 680 March 17, 2018 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  The Philosophy Of Antifa (Or Why It's Critics Are Wrong ) Amarok 10 1612 December 3, 2017 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Yer doin' it wrong. Gawdzilla Sama 3 686 October 14, 2017 at 7:59 am
Last Post: brewer
  What in the FUCK is wrong with Republicans? NuclearEnergy 22 5522 August 11, 2017 at 5:50 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Why can't Trump supporters admit there is something wrong with him NuclearEnergy 191 59331 June 21, 2017 at 10:23 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Do you think there is something mentally wrong with those who support Trump NuclearEnergy 31 10295 June 2, 2017 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  White people assuming other white people like Trump Sterben 81 11872 April 1, 2017 at 12:04 am
Last Post: Sterben