Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Can Just Hear All Churches Shitting Bricks On This One
I Can Just Hear All Churches Shitting Bricks On This One
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/high-te...way-to-go/

Quote:High-tech suicide machine makes death a painless, peaceful, optimal way to go

How DARE people take responsibility for their own lives instead of leaving it to some superstitious asswipe in a funny hat!
RE: I Can Just Hear All Churches Shitting Bricks On This One
(December 4, 2017 at 1:44 am)Minimalist Wrote: https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/high-te...way-to-go/

Quote:High-tech suicide machine makes death a painless, peaceful, optimal way to go

How DARE people take responsibility for their own lives instead of leaving it to some superstitious asswipe in a funny hat!

When you create a dream in your mind that dream belong to you so if Mr. God really exist and if he is the one that create the universe with everything inside then He is the only one who have the last word.
Only imbeciles that don t understand how the system works think otherwise.
Are you such an imbecile Min to think that the object of your mental creation is superior to you?
Yeah, I think anyone in extreme suffering that has a terminal illness should be able to end their life as painlessly as possible. I don't know if I agree with the designer of the device that anyone over 70 should be able to.

However, I don't believe in jail time for people who attempt suicide. If you're that depressed, it's not going to deter you. People don't deserve to be punished for that either.
Not just that but I remember watching BBC documentary called "How to kill a human being" see vid about executing prisoners and how it gets very painful so the guy investigated what would be the painless execution and there are ways like breathing pure nitrogen. So when he went to leading proponents of execution in prisons they told him that this painless execution is out of the question and that these people deserve to die in great pain.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(December 4, 2017 at 5:56 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Not just that but I remember watching BBC documentary called "How to kill a human being" see vid about executing prisoners and how it gets very painful so the guy investigated what would be the painless execution and there are ways like breathing pure nitrogen. So when he went to leading proponents of execution in prisons they told him that this painless execution is out of the question and that these people deserve to die in great pain.
Simply shooting them in the head would probably be less painful.

Our constitution prohibits cruel and unusual punishments so legally they shouldn't be happening.
Kurt Vonnegut wrote about the Ethical Suicide Machine in "Welcome to the Monkey House" and "God Bless You Mr. Rosewater". If you opted for suicide you received a medal and a free dinner at Howard Johnson's.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(December 4, 2017 at 5:51 am)Industrial Lad Wrote: Yeah, I think anyone in extreme suffering that has a terminal illness should be able to end their life as painlessly as possible. I don't know if I agree with the designer of the device that anyone over 70 should be able to.

However, I don't believe in jail time for people who attempt suicide. If you're that depressed, it's not going to deter you. People don't deserve to be punished for that either.

After watching my mom suffer weeks of suffering in her decline I agree. And I can tell you I don't want anyone forcing me to live in prolonged pain. Our laws on this are antiquated and inhumane. We treat our pets as a society alot better.
(December 4, 2017 at 7:09 am)chimp3 Wrote: Kurt Vonnegut wrote about the Ethical Suicide Machine in "Welcome to the Monkey House" and "God Bless You Mr. Rosewater". If you opted for suicide you received a medal and a free dinner at Howard Johnson's.

Was that before or after???
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 4, 2017 at 1:44 am)Minimalist Wrote: https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/high-te...way-to-go/

[...]

Hmmm... I'd still like to have the "clumsy bludgeoning" option...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(December 4, 2017 at 7:53 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote:

[...]

Hmmm... I'd still like to have the "clumsy bludgeoning" option...

Well, you know Doc, my whole family will be here. Some are driving in from three states away to say good-bye. I think we should go with the machine that takes a good goddamn long time. I wouldn't want anyone to feel cheated.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 10617 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Enough of this crap, I want to hear directly from god Foxaèr 82 5396 December 22, 2020 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Prycejosh1987
  Churches need to be taxed Foxaèr 12 605 July 16, 2020 at 11:32 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  Why do some believers claim that all religions are just as good? Der/die AtheistIn 22 3692 June 25, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Montreal is taxing churches Foxaèr 4 671 June 23, 2018 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  If there are no gods, doesn't making one's self a god make one a theist? Foxaèr 13 3584 May 26, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  If God created all the good things around us then it means he created all EVIL too ErGingerbreadMandude 112 20451 March 3, 2017 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  ★★ We are all atheists/atheistic to ALL Gods (says simple science) ProgrammingGodJordan 80 12355 January 13, 2017 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: ProgrammingGodJordan
  How many churches/mosques/temples do you see everyday? Casca 23 2871 October 25, 2016 at 11:38 am
Last Post: TheRealJoeFish
  Do Catholics have most boring churches/ liturgy? Fake Messiah 55 8686 October 22, 2016 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92