Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:45 pm

Poll: Are you more or less emotional when you're completely alone?
This poll is closed.
Less.
18.18%
2 18.18%
More.
45.45%
5 45.45%
Neither of the above options.
36.36%
4 36.36%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you more or less emotional when you're completely alone?
RE: Poll: Are you more or less emotional when you're completely alone?
Well, since I am monophobic, being simply emotional when I am alone would be an improvement for me.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

More.

If I let my emotions out fully when I'm around people there might actually be fewer people.
Dying to live, living to die.
More. 
I learned to mask the most difficult emotions many moons ago as an EMT: Profound sadness, grief, abject fear.

It's been a cakewalk ever since, tbh.
(December 11, 2017 at 3:31 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: More.

If I let my emotions out fully when I'm around people there might actually be fewer people.

Hmmmm. Do you think this means if I intentionally avoid expressing my emotions to others . . . I'll be more likely to feel stuff when I'm alone?
It depends on your reasons of why you are withholding your emotions...
You don't need to release a certain amount per week to be normal...

Everyone's different.
I strain and swear every time I have a tough crap, but I'm a vulcan the rest of the time...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I dont know. I feel less stressed when alone or with select few. Otherwise, I am always feeling stressed, even when my facial expression doesnt indicate that to others.
(December 11, 2017 at 5:30 am)ignoramus Wrote: It depends on your reasons of why you are withholding your emotions...
You don't need to release a certain amount per week to be normal...

As far as I know I'm never never withholding anything. I'd just like to have something emotional to express when others aren't around.

It seems silly to emote when no one else is around . . . and yet emoting seems to be the only way I can have any sense of emotion(s).
More.

I have this personality when I'm around people, that prevents me from being emotional. Environmental reasons demands that.
I'll probably vote other. I am less stressed, but also get lonely. Maybe it just depends who I am around and for what purpose.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ultra Draconian Emotional Life Systems Ahriman 11 925 May 25, 2022 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  Leave my !&$*@*# breakfast alone! onlinebiker 60 2497 April 10, 2020 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: Athene
  The Poll To End All Polls no one 12 1027 February 5, 2019 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  Troll Poll on Atheism ignoramus 2 498 December 17, 2018 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  7 little things that completely give us away Foxaèr 9 1125 November 4, 2018 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Poll: What To Do With Defunct Retail Outlets BrianSoddingBoru4 24 1897 October 30, 2018 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Bathroom Poll Foxaèr 31 2868 October 3, 2018 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: outtathereligioncloset
  Poll: Is it possible to be both very creepy and very sexy? Edwardo Piet 12 2217 May 22, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: brewer
  All alone on AF Foxaèr 11 1247 May 13, 2018 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  As you age, do you find yourself becoming more or less irritable? Foxaèr 48 8384 May 4, 2018 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Angrboda