Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 11:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions On Secretary of State Tillerson
Opinions On Secretary of State Tillerson
My impression is that this guy is by far the most intelligent and enlightened member of Trump's band of merrymakers, hoodlums and thieves. I realize that that is not much of an endorsement. I'm not going to claim that he's a "good guy" or anything. I can't endorse anyone who would get in bed with Donald Trump but in my estimation, he's a shining light in a miasma of darkness - kind of like Condoleezza Rice and Colin Powell in the W administration.

I'm curious what other people here think of him.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
RE: Opinions On Secretary of State Tillerson
Somewhat less stupid than his idiot boss.
(December 15, 2017 at 11:05 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Somewhat less stupid than his idiot boss.

Well, yeah. Obviously that. But is this someone you would be willing to say you could respect as an individual while differing with his political opinions?

I could say that. I could say the same about our own (me an Min both live in Arizona) Jeff Flake and John McCain. I could not say I have any respect for the majority of Republican electees anywhere regardless of their level or the morons who voted for them. Most are contemptible to me.

I guess I'm trying to define the parameters for extending an olive branch. Is Rex Tillerson at least worthy of respect from us liberals? I personally think he is.

I think it's important that both sides at least look across the aisle and identify those who they can at least respect and hopefully work with. The way we're going, it's like we're heading for Civil War II. I hope to hell I'm being melodramatic here but it seems like we are in the US 1960s 2.0. I think we really need to meet at the table and hash things out before the situation gets out of hand.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
He's just another oil company criminal.  If he can kill a few caribou by drilling in the Arctic he'll be happy as a pig in shit.

And Flake and McCain - who didn't stop whining about the fucking deficit are going to vote for this abomination of a tax bill all to reward their super rich pals.  Fuck both of them.
(December 16, 2017 at 12:20 am)Minimalist Wrote: He's just another oil company criminal.  If he can kill a few caribou by drilling in the Arctic he'll be happy as a pig in shit.

And Flake and McCain - who didn't stop whining about the fucking deficit are going to vote for this abomination of a tax bill all to reward their super rich pals.  Fuck both of them.

Thank you for your response, Min

Albert Einstein
the administration pulling in different directions to the likes of the North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un is especially disturbing. the little shit needs clear and unambiguous missives from our side and mixed signals = consent towards "keep on doing what you're doing".

BTW, where'd his favorite general disappear to ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 15, 2017 at 10:32 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: My impression is that this guy is by far the most intelligent and enlightened member of Trump's band of merrymakers, hoodlums and thieves. I realize that that is not much of an endorsement. I'm not going to claim that he's a "good guy" or anything. I can't endorse anyone who would get in bed with Donald Trump but in my estimation, he's a shining light in a miasma of darkness - kind of like Condoleezza Rice and Colin Powell in the W administration.

He may not have championed any disasterous foreign policy initiatives independently of his boss, but his handling of his role as the leader of the department of state has been so abysmal that by some measures, half of the professional diplomatic and foreign service Corp, built up over 40years and repository of professional skill, knowledge and experience accumulated since end of wwii, has left in the last year during his term, SO FAR.

The repercussion of this will Be felt for decades.

While trump has been utterly destroying the credibility and political capital of the United States from above, tillerson has been destroying from below the fundamental mechanism which United States would need if she were to ever attempt to affect repairs at a later date.
(December 15, 2017 at 10:32 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: My impression is that this guy is by far the most intelligent and enlightened member of Trump's band of merrymakers, hoodlums and thieves. I realize that that is not much of an endorsement. I'm not going to claim that he's a "good guy" or anything. I can't endorse anyone who would get in bed with Donald Trump but in my estimation, he's a shining light in a miasma of darkness - kind of like Condoleezza Rice and Colin Powell in the W administration.

'...shining light in a miasma of darkness' is a bit strong.  I think he's trying his best to do a job for which he is monumentally unqualified, a job made all the more difficult by that bus Trump keeps parking on his (Tillerson's) face.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

I am reminded of a passage in Terry Pratchett's novel Feet of Clay where Sgt Colon is contemplating his imminent retirement from the Watch and lamenting that all the new recruits are cleverer than him. His partner, Nobby Nobbs, says "Well Fred, at least you're cleverer than Detritus", to which the good sergeant replies,"Yes, but then again so's yest".

Tillerson is the yeast to Drumpfuck's troll.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(December 16, 2017 at 9:12 am)Wololo Wrote:

I am reminded of a passage in Terry Pratchett's novel Feet of Clay where Sgt Colon is contemplating his imminent retirement from the Watch and lamenting that all the new recruits are cleverer than him. His partner, Nobby Nobbs, says "Well Fred, at least you're cleverer than Detritus", to which the good sergeant replies,"Yes, but then again so's yest".

Tillerson is the yeast to Drumpfuck's troll.

Unfortunately we don't have any Carrots and Anguas coming up in the Republican Party, though, do we?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ayn Rand blamed for current state of America Foxaèr 61 3082 June 24, 2021 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: no one
  Has Mark Samsel Done A Good Job As A Kansas State Representative? BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1084 May 3, 2021 at 10:56 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Separation of Science and State John 6IX Breezy 233 10399 November 19, 2020 at 7:44 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why is Vatican a state? Fake Messiah 13 1283 November 11, 2020 at 9:07 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Satan and Flying Spaghetti Monster Unite for Church-State Separation AFTT47 2 668 September 23, 2019 at 8:29 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  The communist state of Kerela, India Duty 5 840 December 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  State level elections in BAvaria yield ground breaking results Deesse23 0 249 October 15, 2018 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  So Apparently We Have An AG Who Doesn't Think Hawaii Is A State. Minimalist 39 8062 October 1, 2018 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Tillerson Out as Secretary of State Crossless2.0 12 1470 March 17, 2018 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Succubus
  Tom Price, HHS Secretary resigns vorlon13 13 939 September 30, 2017 at 6:44 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus