Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tillerson Out as Secretary of State
Tillerson Out as Secretary of State
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...spartandhp

I just saw this when I sat down to work and haven't really had time to absorb the news. No one should be the least surprised at the move: Trump and Tillerson were said to be at odds on a host of issues, and of course Trump never lost an opportunity to embarrass or trash his SoS if it served his purposes.

I'm curious to see what people think of Pompeo moving into that position. 

Anyway, typical Trump. He catches everyone short by impulsively agreeing to a sit-down with Kim and then throws his already tattered State department into further short-term turmoil. Of course, there is no guarantee that this 'summit' is anything other than another desperate PR stunt. At best, I give it a 50% chance of actually happening. Either way, amateur hour continues.
RE: Tillerson Out as Secretary of State
Watching the news and read the screen crawl "Secretary of State Tillerson Fired" as "Secretary of State Tillerson Freed". Big Grin

-Teresa
(March 13, 2018 at 10:06 am)Tres Leches Wrote: Watching the news and read the screen crawl "Secretary of State Tillerson Fired" as "Secretary of State Tillerson Freed". Big Grin

-Teresa

If the victims of the Titanic could see all the carnage 45 leaves behind they'd shout "DAMN, now that's cold!"
Sadly, this sort of thing is commonplace for the tRump administration. Fire people without telling them to their face and let them find out through one of 45's twitter rants.

Typical of a failing administration who continues to mar what the White House stands (or used to stand) for.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
In the WLB you have a man who cannot live with the thought that someone else in the room is smarter than him.  Pretty soon he'll be recruiting from mental asylums.
(March 13, 2018 at 12:28 pm)Minimalist Wrote: In the WLB you have a man who cannot live with the thought that someone else in the room is smarter than him.  

A nice, clean suicide four or five decades ago might have spared him from what I imagine is a constant and painful affliction.
Direct orders from the Kremlin I bet
(March 13, 2018 at 9:32 am)Crossless2.0 Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...spartandhp

I just saw this when I sat down to work and haven't really had time to absorb the news. No one should be the least surprised at the move: Trump and Tillerson were said to be at odds on a host of issues, and of course Trump never lost an opportunity to embarrass or trash his SoS if it served his purposes.

Anyway, typical Trump. He catches everyone short by impulsively agreeing to a sit-down with Kim and then throws his already tattered State department into further short-term turmoil. Of course, there is no guarantee that this 'summit' is anything other than another desperate PR stunt. At best, I give it a 50% chance of actually happening. Either way, amateur hour continues.

Every president has been asked for a meeting with North Korea every other president has refused unless there were concrete moves by the Koreans first and there haven't been. Its amateur hour at the white house where the seat of the pants rules.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(March 13, 2018 at 9:32 am)Crossless2.0 Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...spartandhp

On Pompeo it continues Bonespurs' policy of only taking on war criminals or traitors.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Ex-Exxon Exec Rex Next Ex-Sec.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ayn Rand blamed for current state of America Foxaèr 61 3107 June 24, 2021 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: no one
  Has Mark Samsel Done A Good Job As A Kansas State Representative? BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1091 May 3, 2021 at 10:56 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Separation of Science and State John 6IX Breezy 233 10406 November 19, 2020 at 7:44 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why is Vatican a state? Fake Messiah 13 1291 November 11, 2020 at 9:07 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Satan and Flying Spaghetti Monster Unite for Church-State Separation AFTT47 2 671 September 23, 2019 at 8:29 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  The communist state of Kerela, India Duty 5 845 December 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  State level elections in BAvaria yield ground breaking results Deesse23 0 251 October 15, 2018 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  So Apparently We Have An AG Who Doesn't Think Hawaii Is A State. Minimalist 39 8067 October 1, 2018 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Opinions On Secretary of State Tillerson AFTT47 16 2549 December 17, 2017 at 10:34 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Tom Price, HHS Secretary resigns vorlon13 13 940 September 30, 2017 at 6:44 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus