Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movies, SPOIL THE ENDING, IT'S FUN!!!!!
Movies, SPOIL THE ENDING, IT'S FUN!!!!!
No, it's not what you think.

I am talking about Hollywood movies based on historical events or historical mythology.

When the Leonardo "Titanic" came out, I was still in college. I fucked with my adviser about it. I don't know how the subject came up, but mentioned to her that my and my(girlfriend, now x wife) had just watched it. She suddenly and excitedly said, "No no no, don't say anything, don't spoil it."

To which I responded, "The boat sank".

I KID YOU NOT

Her response was, "Why did you tell me that?"

I laughed. To this day all I can think is, "Yea, better not talk about any WW2 movie, we don't know if the allies won or the Nazis."

While there is no such thing as a magic man who can survive rigor mortis. Anytime a Jesus movie comes out, I always like to piss them off by saying, "He died".
RE: Movies, SPOIL THE ENDING, IT'S FUN!!!!!
I knew a guy who was sitting on the edge of his seat watching Apollo 13. He had no idea it was a true story.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(December 25, 2017 at 2:04 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: I knew a guy who was sitting on the edge of his seat watching Apollo 13. He had no idea it was a true story.

Well yes and no.

The flight did happen, the flight problems did happen, in that respect it was a true story. 

BUT the way the movie portrayed everything as on the fly was bullshit. Pre planning and redundancy for any "what ifs" are very standard in not only space flight, but even airline flight. Most of what that movie portrayed as far as what went wrong in reality, was already planned out.

"On the fly" thinking is not part of pre planning in science. It is true that that particular launch was the "most successful failure' in that the intent was to land on the moon. But all the problem solving when the shit hit the fan, in reality, the majority of that was pre planned.
In the movie 300.....

There's.....

Spoilers:

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence:  A man shoots Liberty Valence.

How I Won The War:  I won the war.

Return Of The Jedi:  The Jedi return.

The Wrath Of Khan:  Khan gets angry.

Death Of A Salesman:  He dies.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 25, 2017 at 3:06 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Spoilers:

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence:  A man shoots Liberty Valence.

How I Won The War:  I won the war.

Return Of The Jedi:  The Jedi return.

The Wrath Of Khan:  Khan gets angry.

Death Of A Salesman:  He dies.

Boru

HA HA HA HA no shit

Is it really a good idea to give away the ending in the title?

"Death Of A Salesman" ..................... Big Grin

Boru, you made my day. Seriously. Was feeling a bit down being my 1rst Christmas without my mom, but that was the biggest laugh I have had since my Redneck friend introduced me to the "Shittyfluted" videos.  Big Grin Cool
The Room: Jhonny kills himself.
The sixth sense: The dad was dead all along and the child sees ghosts.
The Saw Shank Redemption: The guy crawls to his freedom through half a mile of shit.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Castaway: Fedex employee gets marooned on desert island, learns dentistry, boat building and grows to hate seafood. He eventually gets rescued and realizes that his volleyball was more loyal than his wife.
Old Yeller dies. Granted it was made by Disney. You know how he loved to kill off likable characters in his story.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(December 26, 2017 at 11:45 am)Chad32 Wrote: Old Yeller dies. Granted it was made by Disney. You know how he loved to kill off likable characters in his story.

I loved South Park's spoof of Mickey Mouse beating the shit out of the Jonas brothers.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Movies you'd like to see remade Fake Messiah 83 6313 November 8, 2023 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Great Missed Opportunities in Movies. Gawdzilla Sama 5 682 October 25, 2023 at 4:31 pm
  Worst scenes in movies Fake Messiah 30 2599 October 19, 2023 at 11:12 pm
  Movies are not for intellectuals Interaktive 95 11535 December 30, 2022 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Christian movies you actually like T.J. 27 1971 December 10, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Martin Scorsese says Marvel movies are "not cinema" EgoDeath 97 4126 October 16, 2019 at 8:49 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Atheist-Friendly Movies Fake Messiah 52 7760 May 15, 2018 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Soundtracks from Movies you like Joods 48 8646 May 2, 2018 at 5:20 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Movies you hate but everyone else loves Fake Messiah 77 5664 February 19, 2018 at 3:14 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  The most inspirational movies that left an indelible impression on you! KittyAnn 82 10026 November 28, 2017 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: KittyAnn