Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To be honest, I would love to go to hell.
Tongue 
To be honest, I would love to go to hell.
I would love to go to hell rather than heaven, even though neither one exists.

I mean, in heaven, all you do is pray to God; that sounds boring! But in hell, I can talk to Anton LaVey, some cool punk rockers, and some other cool people.
I can also have a Satanic party and have a good time, and whenever we run out of nachos & cheese, I could just ask the devil to go to the hell store
and get some more. Big Grin
RE: To be honest, I would love to go to hell.
If it's the "seperation from god" version, I don't see why anyone would want to be in heaven. The god of the bible is pretty much a god of death and blood. That's not very appealing.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

"Paranoia is an instinct or thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of delusion and irrationality.[1] Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory, or beliefs of conspiracy concerning a perceived threat towards oneself (e.g. "Everyone is out to get me", which is an American parochial phrase). Paranoia is distinct from phobias, which also involve irrational fear, but usually no blame."
(January 2, 2018 at 3:35 pm)Omnicidal Wrote: I would love to go to hell rather than heaven, even though neither one exists.

I mean, in heaven, all you do is pray to God; that sounds boring! But in hell, I can talk to Anton LaVey, some cool punk rockers, and some other cool people.
I can also have a Satanic party and have a good time, and whenever we run out of nachos & cheese, I could just ask the devil to go to the hell store
and get some more. Big Grin

I agree that both are fictional, but I would NOT opt for either.

Hell isn't a place of eternal pleasure, nor a badge of honor. It is a motif of revenge. "Hell" according to those who stupidly think it exists, is not a place where you would get any pleasure. Both are simply fictional. 

It really stems from the rival kingships of antiquity, where loyalty to your local tribe was rewarded and dissent was punished. 

I have no problem not existing either way. I did not exist 4 billion years ago, and I wont exist 5 billion years from now. 

Neither heaven or hell are appealing to me. They are merely comic book reflections of childish reward/punishment motifs.
But wouldn't it be....... hell?
I'd actually like to reincarnate. Same body, new chance to make different decisions about life.

But just plain death suits me, too.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(January 2, 2018 at 4:35 pm)c172 Wrote: I'd actually like to reincarnate. Same body, new chance to make different decisions about life.

But just plain death suits me, too.

Well even with their old mythology, it isn't clean like you want to be, even "reincarnation" as Buddhists and Hindus believe, are STILL attached to a primitive bribe/threat motif.

If you did bad in a prior life, you come back as a lower life. If you did well in a prior life, you come back better in the next. Still nonsense.
(January 2, 2018 at 4:33 pm)Hammy Wrote: But wouldn't it be....... hell?

Well, I think heaven sounds more like hell to me.
Then doesn't that make hell heaven and heaven hell? Tongue
(January 2, 2018 at 5:38 pm)Omnicidal Wrote:
(January 2, 2018 at 4:33 pm)Hammy Wrote: But wouldn't it be....... hell?

Well, I think heaven sounds more like hell to me.

Other than temp, both have the mundane repetition. 

Heaven, no respite from kissing ass.

Hell, no respite from torture.

Neither sound appealing to me.

Nothing seems to be a far better option.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Honest review of this comedian. Brian37 23 1126 April 30, 2021 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: A. Secular Human
  Honest Ads Faith No More 0 748 November 14, 2016 at 11:05 am
Last Post: Faith No More