Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 7:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honest review of this comedian.
Honest review of this comedian.
I cannot argue today, being in the past I grew up with young. I can understand that times change, and there is a retrospect to everything. When I first watched this clip back in the 80s, I wasn't thinking race, but "dumb jock". But, in retrospect, even today, I get nervous at some on the left attacking shows like The Simpsons, South Park, Futurama and Family Guy. 

I honestly loved the following clip, back then, because it was poking fun of jocks, and back then, I was bullied by jocks in HS. This comedian was making fun of jocks of all races, classes in the following clip. But even before he got to jocks, he was making fun of age of family members. 

I know how I feel even today about this following clip, but I don't know how younger generations view it. 

RE: Honest review of this comedian.
Here is another video of his later than that.

Just FYI - weird behaviour doesn't get less weird when you repeat it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 27, 2021 at 4:30 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Just FYI - weird behaviour doesn't get less weird when you repeat it.

Boru

If Rodney Dangerfield picked this comedian out, I don't see how my liking his humor could be less or more "weird" than Rodney
It you post a thing once and no one gives a shit, do you really think posting it again will help?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(April 27, 2021 at 4:56 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(April 27, 2021 at 4:30 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Just FYI - weird behaviour doesn't get less weird when you repeat it.

Boru

If Rodney Dangerfield picked this comedian out, I don't see how my liking his humor could be less or more "weird" than Rodney

Liking him isn’t weird. Replying to your own posts is weird.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 27, 2021 at 5:01 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 27, 2021 at 4:56 pm)Brian37 Wrote: If Rodney Dangerfield picked this comedian out, I don't see how my liking his humor could be less or more "weird" than Rodney

Liking him isn’t weird. Replying to your own posts is weird.

Boru

Both of us are making billions off this are we not?
(April 27, 2021 at 5:08 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(April 27, 2021 at 5:01 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Liking him isn’t weird. Replying to your own posts is weird.

Boru

Both of us are making billions off this are we not?

I don’t know how to process that.

Boru
I thought the guy was funny at the time but haven't thought about it since.  Using an African American accent to portray someone who has been hit in the head too many times is bound to insult various people.  Concussions are nothing to joke about.  I don't like comedians who use a fake southern accent, though it's okay when Jagger does it.
At work.

When I was younger. I used to love listening to Dave Allen's lilt as he recited his tales. Then it was Billy Connelly. Lately it's been Dara O'Brien.

I also don't mind my Brother-in-law's Welsh lilt..... Though sometimes I've got to ask him to repeat things twice and generally slower on the second run through. Tongue

Listening to an Irish man tell a joke is a far cry from being a D!ck telling a joke about an Irish man.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheist Redneck comedian on COVID-19 Brian37 0 341 April 23, 2020 at 10:44 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Christian Comedian Fake Messiah 7 473 February 26, 2019 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Tongue To be honest, I would love to go to hell. Omnicidal 10 1454 January 2, 2018 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Honest Ads Faith No More 0 747 November 14, 2016 at 11:05 am
Last Post: Faith No More
  Dave Barry's 2014 Yer End Review Minimalist 0 661 January 6, 2015 at 1:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Tongue My favorite Twitter comedian Tea Earl Grey Hot 1 1019 November 28, 2012 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Funny product review Tobie 2 1507 June 2, 2012 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Welsh cake
  The Bible Review Napoléon 8 1661 June 28, 2011 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Epimethean