Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 11:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Appreciate religion
Appreciate religion
Seems like the real job and money goes in to "magical"/invisible job and money/heaven in religion. In poor countries it help people a lot. 

I think, even if religion seems retarded with its magic(everything is possible), still, a lot of people are surviving relaying on this chance. I don't know what would I do if I was born in Africa or Mexico.
RE: Appreciate religion
Quote:In poor countries it keeps people from turning in to Mexico.

What? You realize Mexico is an extremely religious country, right? And so is virtually every country in Africa? How would religion prevent poor people from 'turning into Mexico' when poor people in Mexico are hugely religious? What does this even mean?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(January 4, 2018 at 4:47 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote:
Quote:In poor countries it keeps people from turning in to Mexico.

What?  You realize Mexico is an extremely religious country, right?  And so is virtually every country in Africa?  How would religion prevent poor people from 'turning into Mexico' when poor people in Mexico are hugely religious?  What does this even mean?

What religion allows brutal crime as a job?
Islam, Christianity, Orthodox Judaism....
(January 4, 2018 at 4:49 pm)purplepurpose Wrote:
(January 4, 2018 at 4:47 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: What?  You realize Mexico is an extremely religious country, right?  And so is virtually every country in Africa?  How would religion prevent poor people from 'turning into Mexico' when poor people in Mexico are hugely religious?  What does this even mean?

What religion allows brutal crime?

What society, regardless of religion, allows brutal crime?  And you didn't even try to address my point.
- Thomas Jefferson
(January 4, 2018 at 4:43 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: Seems like the real job and money goes in to "magical"/invisible job and money/heaven in religion. In poor countries it help people a lot. 

I think, even if religion seems retarded with its magic(everything is possible), still, a lot of people are surviving relaying on this chance. I don't know what would I do if I was born in Africa or Mexico.

They're not "surviving relying on this chance".  Religion is inexorably tied to -why- the place is a shithole to begin with. I never understood this notion..that some ideological subset can beat the ever living shit out of a people but then be made nostalgic for having flashed a counterfeit piece of cake in front of the poor fuckers.

That, to me, is pretty much the definition of religious effrontery.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 4, 2018 at 4:51 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote:
(January 4, 2018 at 4:49 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: What religion allows brutal crime?

What society, regardless of religion, allows brutal crime?  And you didn't even try to address my point.

Saudi Arabia, Iran for example "drowned" long ago in the afterlife promise and have extreme order.
Yeah, religious authorities behead people in the streets there. Not technically I crime I guess, but it sure is brutal.
(January 4, 2018 at 4:54 pm)purplepurpose Wrote:
(January 4, 2018 at 4:51 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: What society, regardless of religion, allows brutal crime?  And you didn't even try to address my point.

Saudi Arabia "drowned" in the afterlife promise and has extreme order.

...Is that you admiring Saudi Arabia?  They're literally in the top 3 of utter worst human rights violators in the world. Are you fucking serious?
- Thomas Jefferson
I think "extreme order" might actually be code for human rights abuse. Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the Interaktive 35 4226 December 24, 2019 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  Is no Religion a Religion. Artur Axmann 76 16550 June 14, 2014 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: Muslim Atheism