Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Under no circumstance should cops KILL
Under no circumstance should cops KILL
Just saw another video of a woman getting shot to death by cops. This is absolutely disgusting, why do people tolerate this?

People pay the cops to protect them. They're called public SERVANTS, that's what they're called. Why are people that pay these cop's salaries being shot to death I'll never know. The killing part should only be reserved for military and specialized forces, not the cops. I personally think cops shouldn't be allowed to kill, the government should value the life of it's citizens and protect it not be so carefree with lives.
RE: Under no circumstance should cops KILL
(January 5, 2018 at 7:01 am)pool the matey Wrote: Just saw another video of a woman getting shot to death by cops. This is absolutely disgusting, why do people tolerate this?

People pay the cops to protect them. They're called public SERVANTS, that's what they're called. Why are people that pay these cop's salaries being shot to death I'll never know. The killing part should only be reserved for military and specialized forces, not the cops. I personally  think cops shouldn't be allowed to kill, the government should value the life of it's citizens and protect it not be so carefree with lives.

Ask the right wing gun nuts. Ask the firearm factories. Ask the NRA. <--------  These assholes are a minority but are holding our nation hostage. 

I don't like seeing citizens or cops shot, but it is going to happen when you have an industry and lobby selling fear. Keep the fear up, you can sell weapons to both cops and society. Violence is great for the weapons industry..
Pool, are you a Sith?
In Europe, in most situations a baton would suffice, yet in US, for some reason, cops need to carry guns even when standing up to a 4year old child. At this point I am pretty sure that the entire nation is affected by some sort of brain disorder or a yet-to-be-detected disease, and it's slowly spreading to the rest of the world.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I can think of plenty of circumstances where lethal force would be required. 

Apparently not required in what you watched.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(January 5, 2018 at 7:47 am)Aoi Magi Wrote: In Europe, in most situations a baton would suffice, yet in US, for some reason, cops need to carry guns even when standing up to a 4year old child.

I'm pretty sure, that if they where only dealing with four year old children, then most of the time, baton and tasers would probably be adequate.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
(January 5, 2018 at 8:11 am)mh.brewer Wrote: I can think of plenty of circumstances where lethal force would be required. 

Not the point. As long as we have lack of livable wages, lack of affordable health care, AND mental health care, and as long as we have crappy vetting, and a flooded gun market, our law enforcement will be trained to assume the worst.
Everyone should kill under the right circumstances.  The only problem is the amount of times the police kill when it isn't reasonable and get away with it.  The general public might debate which of those times is reasonable but the law judging the police usually comes to the same conclusion that they're innocent.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(January 5, 2018 at 8:18 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(January 5, 2018 at 8:11 am)mh.brewer Wrote: I can think of plenty of circumstances where lethal force would be required. 

Not the point. As long as we have lack of livable wages, lack of affordable health care, AND mental health care, and as long as we have crappy vetting, and a flooded gun market, our law enforcement will be trained to assume the worst.

Exactly the point. You went off topic (again), returning at the end with two relevant points.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
LOL... When everyone can potentially have a gun, the cops are going to be trigger happy. Duh!

If only there were examples of 1st world countries, where this problem is practically non-existent...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Setting up TV remotes, a "Kill me" event. Brian37 35 1667 September 30, 2021 at 8:27 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Do you and yours wear thermal under clothes when the weather gets cold? Duty 46 3085 November 15, 2018 at 11:06 am
Last Post: Duty
  White Culture Under Attack chimp3 54 10163 September 5, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Under the Knife Fireball 23 5109 May 31, 2017 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: J a c k
  How are the Cops like where you live? ErGingerbreadMandude 68 7696 February 16, 2017 at 11:28 am
Last Post: frankiej
  To kill a mocking depression J a c k 74 4838 April 21, 2016 at 1:24 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Someone told me to kill myself twice today, I don't know why it's been bothering me Phosphorescent Panties 48 5751 April 12, 2016 at 11:41 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  "2600 Under 2600" reference? GrandizerII 2 1061 February 25, 2016 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  A Compelling Reasn to Strangle, Shoot, Stab, Poison, and Otherwise Kill You True Love Rhondazvous 13 3002 December 14, 2015 at 5:06 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I Was Going To Put This In Fucking Cops but It Deserves Its Own Thread Minimalist 3 1453 August 14, 2015 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4