Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 11:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire and Fury
Fire and Fury
The new book written by journalist Michael Wolff is making Cheeto-head have a conniption and the White House staff scurrying. He even had the gall to have his lawyer write a "cease and desist" letter to the publisher. They are trying to keep it from going out to the public, but they are going to have as much success as the Muslim clerics fatwah against "The Satanic Verses." People are going to buy it. Cheeto-head's ratings will slip even further down. I don't care who you are, this shit is funny.

https://nook.barnesandnoble.com/products...1250158062

I love Stephen Colbert's take on the new book:

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."--Thomas Jefferson
RE: Fire and Fury
(January 5, 2018 at 4:29 pm)Secular Elf Wrote: The new book written by journalist Michael Wolff is making Cheeto-head have a conniption and the White House staff scurrying.  He even had the gall to have his lawyer write a "cease and desist" letter to the publisher.   They are trying to keep it from going out to the public, but they are going to have as much success as the Muslim clerics fatwah against "The Satanic Verses."  People are going to buy it.  Cheeto-head's ratings will slip even further down.  I don't care who you are,  this shit is funny.  

https://nook.barnesandnoble.com/products...1250158062

I love Stephen Colbert's take on the new book:

You need to redo your youtube link. Change the "video=dailymotion" bit to "video=youtube", like what I did in the quoted text.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Just heard it's sold out in some major cities.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
What if the book is actually a nefarious plot, engineered by Trump himself, to:

1. Makes scads of money. 

2. Destroy Steve Bannon.

3. Fuel the 'fake news' screed. 

4. Make himself look even worse, so he can look better later on. 

5. Get his name mentioned even more, as compensation for his tiny penis. 

Don't dismiss the chance that this is a conspiracy. Trump is slippery, slippery like an owl. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
What if frogs had wings?
Meh. I am so sick of the partisan truth-bending smear tactics from all ends. I am just not interested. It comes across as a Michael Moore movie in book form.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
(January 6, 2018 at 9:46 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: What if the book is actually a nefarious plot, engineered by Trump himself, to:

1. Makes scads of money. 

2. Destroy Steve Bannon.

3. Fuel the 'fake news' screed. 

4. Make himself look even worse, so he can look better later on. 

5. Get his name mentioned even more, as compensation for his tiny penis. 

Don't dismiss the chance that this is a conspiracy. Trump is slippery, slippery like an owl. 

Boru

Nope.  Lionel Nation pretty much destroys this in a podcast yesterday, though not quite in the concept you present here.  Whole thing is worth a watch, as he defends Wolfe's right to publish among other ideas, but from 48:30 - to around 55:00 talks about who benefits. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppmvm810w64
I'm not happy about the US not having any real leadership at the moment but I have to say some of the scenarios in the book are hilarious -
Trump and Melania have separate bedrooms, Trump insisted on a lock on his bedroom door despite the White House being one of the most secure buildings in the US, Trump in his jammies and in bed by 6:30pm with a few cheeseburgers and 3 TV's in his bedroom, whisperings that he's only semi-literate...
I'm sure it's sick of me to laugh at these things but I can't help it.

-Teresa
In response to questions about his intelligence and mental stability, Trump has tweeted that he's '...like, really smart.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
...and, he surrounds himself with the "best" people..... Carson, Pence, Sessions, Zinke, Mnuchin, Conway, Bannon....oh, maybe not now....Spicer, Tillerson, etc., etc., etc.

The WLB is a fucking fool.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fire in Brijest - a predictable result of recycling stupidity? FlatAssembler 66 4089 October 28, 2023 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Flint Pastor Calls for Cease Fire onlinebiker 1 261 August 13, 2021 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Fire at Pier 45 in San Francisco onlinebiker 10 1031 May 24, 2020 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Australia on fire Fake Messiah 21 2188 January 12, 2020 at 8:01 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Jump in the fire...... Brian37 19 914 September 19, 2019 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Part of Notre Dame on fire. Brian37 98 5263 April 19, 2019 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  More Logs On The Fire Minimalist 2 369 September 4, 2018 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Time to fire up the log chipper (not for the sensitive or squeamish) vorlon13 22 3652 May 3, 2018 at 7:03 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Trump Tower catches fire c172 11 1258 January 8, 2018 at 11:14 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Major brush fire in and around Napa. Evacuations started. c172 10 1866 October 10, 2017 at 9:57 am
Last Post: Seraphina