Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question I have about Japanese cartoons
A question I have about Japanese cartoons
[Image: dragon-ball-z-death-232158-jpg-997067.png][Image: yLEKfM1.png]

These are characters from the Japanese cartoons Dragon Ball Z and Cardcaptor Sakura. 

My question: Why is it that these characters always have such big eyes when the Japanese have such small eyes. 

PS: This is not a racist post; I'm not saying or implying that the Japanese are unattractive. Quite the opposite, actually Wink
RE: A question I have about Japanese cartoons
Wikipedia Wrote:A common anime character design convention is exaggerated eye size. The animation of characters with large eyes in anime can be traced back to Osamu Tezuka, who was deeply influenced by such early animation characters as Betty Boop, who was drawn with disproportionately large eyes.
Oh and one more thing with Anime....there are a lot of extremely suggestive undertones that adults will get but kids won't.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Unless that kid is a Japanese school girl.
It's not just cartoons, you see it in art and toys also. Is a human attraction to what is described as the "neonate eye".
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Oh.  I thought the question about Japanese cartoons was going to be, 'Why do they suck?'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

(January 7, 2018 at 8:49 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Oh.  I thought the question about Japanese cartoons was going to be, 'Why do they suck?'

Boru
Cartoons are cartoons, the cultists notwithstanding.
(January 7, 2018 at 8:51 am)purplepurpose Wrote:

(January 7, 2018 at 8:49 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Oh.  I thought the question about Japanese cartoons was going to be, 'Why do they suck?'

Boru

Fair enough.  I'll amend my original comment to:  '...'Why do they suck, and why are the people who defend them paragons of suckiness?'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
[Image: boredem-2.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Japanese are crazy purplepurpose 10 1658 November 17, 2018 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Looking to make a few little cartoons Drich 33 5871 January 26, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Adopting Japanese life style elements Sterben 34 3263 September 22, 2016 at 1:29 am
Last Post: Rayaan
  Raiden Japanese thunder god V.S. Thor [Death battle] dyresand 0 892 March 7, 2015 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  I have a homosexual question and incest question? KingKong 39 8696 July 6, 2014 at 1:38 am
Last Post: Amalynne0
  Teaching "Fuck" to Japanese people Napoléon 15 5643 June 25, 2014 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  My Japanese Sleeve: Completed BlackSwordsman 6 1626 May 11, 2014 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  "Answer the Question with a Question" Game Rayaan 101 17263 August 14, 2012 at 6:28 am
Last Post: Rayaan
  Have you ever tried to debate Christians that have no clue? Dean-o 39 8641 June 22, 2011 at 10:41 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  I have a better question, Xbox 360 or PS3? leo-rcc 49 13551 November 16, 2009 at 8:56 am
Last Post: Tiberius