Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 4:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Santa doesn't exist
Santa doesn't exist
Follow link to read full story

French parents seek ban on Father Christmas advert

I could not help but laugh at the delicious hypocrisy of it all, outraged French parents are seeking to ban a television commercial that states "Father Christmas does not exist".

I wonder on what grounds they'll base their complaints. I just imagine the conversations "Hello, I'm the angry father of two children demanding this Crédit Mutuel advert be removed for it has traumatised my children by exposing my lies that a jolly fat burglar flies around the world in one night on magic reindeer delivering presents down our chimney!"

ROFLOL
RE: Santa doesn't exist
How do you say "assholes" in French, I wonder?
The director of communication of Crédit mutuel says it best:
"One has to be really stupid to only remember and focus on this aspect of the ad. This debate is so out of context that it doesn't even make sense."

Min, you're looking for "trous du cul", but I'd rather use the english word "retards".

[Image: pPQu8.png]
But they didnt prove the non-existance of santa, so theres still a reason to believe right?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Merci.
Santa DOES exist I met the cunt once and sat on his lap.
There couldn't have been a better time for me to find a thread like this! I mean, geez! Parents overreact waaaay too much!

But seriously, my best friend and I were just arguing about whether or not it is a good idea to tell kids there's no Santa Claus (or other mythical creatures). I thought about starting a poll about that. Should I?
(November 8, 2010 at 4:39 pm)Diamond Wrote: There couldn't have been a better time for me to find a thread like this! I mean, geez! Parents overreact waaaay too much!

But seriously, my best friend and I were just arguing about whether or not it is a good idea to tell kids there's no Santa Claus (or other mythical creatures). I thought about starting a poll about that. Should I?

I had a huge nasty mud slinging filled debate with Kyuu over parents overreacting to a current primary school teacher having once upon a time worked as a prostitute.

Way I saw it, is that parents overreact to the most ridiculous things.

Statistically speaking, children are more likely to be hit by a bus or be kidnapped by someone who knows the family/is in the family than hurt by a "stranger", yet we still see the "Don't Talk to Strangers" mantra being repeated.

I really doubt a child's faith in Santa Claus will be damaged by one commercial, or else there'd be millions of atheists nowadays after an enterprising chap runs a "There is no Jesus" commercial (good bye childish faith).
putain du truc!!
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
We had a somewhat similar uproar about a movie that depicts saint nicolas as a serial killer. Concerned parents wanted to ban the posters and adverts for that as well.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jesus doesn't like moderate christians purplepurpose 8 431 August 25, 2022 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Do femicides really exist? Macoleco 27 1860 September 21, 2020 at 9:12 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Homemade Quotes, "ABBA sucks, doesn't count." Brian37 37 2281 May 21, 2020 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The queen doesn't half talk some shit Cod 11 2038 December 26, 2018 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  It doesn't inspire confidence onlinebiker 5 797 October 12, 2018 at 11:55 am
Last Post: OakTree500
  Take out on Xmas day DOES EXIST....... Brian37 18 2621 December 26, 2017 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  What would you do if you found out I didn't exist? Edwardo Piet 4 803 October 7, 2017 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Is time travel Impossible Because time Doesn't Exist? budsa11 62 8735 August 27, 2017 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Am I the only one who doesn't remember ever telling a lie? Edwardo Piet 24 2022 September 14, 2016 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Santa, NORAD, and You c172 21 1753 December 24, 2015 at 3:15 am
Last Post: dyresand