Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 10:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to bake a cake
How to bake a cake
What I normally do is add
3/4 cup of flour
1/2 cup chocolate
1/2 cup sugar
1 table spoon baking powder, baking soda
1 or 2 egg
Milk
Olive oil
Crush some cashews

Then beat the shirt out of it. Pour it into a pan rubbed with butter.
Then I preheat oven up to 180 degree. Then set the oven to convention and let it bake for 35 minutes.
When it hits 35 minutes there's a nice aroma and then when I open the oven I see a nice looking cake that is wobbly gooey in the middle and made in the corners.
-_- Every. single. Time. Everything gone to waste.

I have nailed a chocolate cake once though. Just once. Vanilla cake was a success 2 times out of 4.
Here's the chocolate cake I made:
[Image: Screenshot_20180116-133358_2.png]
RE: How to bake a cake
(January 16, 2018 at 3:23 am)pool the matey Wrote: I have nailed a chocolate cake once though. Just once.

Going through a bit of a dry spell, were you?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
He'll be making donuts next.
I was a chef for many years and I always stayed clear of cakes and pastries if I could.
I'm a master of sauces, a pro at the grill, can have twelve pans cooking twelve different dishes at the same time, non-stop for hours and hours, never burning or spoiling a dish, sending meals out to large tables at the same time, all piping hot and delicious with only one or two complaints a year.
But get me to bake a cake, soufflé or just about any pastry and you will hear yelling, swearing, pots and trays being thrown around the kitchen.
I can barely melt chocolate.
So, Pool, I feel your pain.
If it's made at the edges and gooey in the middle, your oven is too hot.
(January 16, 2018 at 5:34 am)Little lunch Wrote: I was a chef for many years and I always stayed clear of cakes and pastries if I could.
I'm a master of sauces, a pro at the grill, can have twelve pans cooking twelve different dishes at the same time, non-stop for hours and hours, never burning or spoiling a dish, sending meals out to large tables at the same time, all piping hot and delicious with only one or two complaints a year.
But get me to bake a cake, soufflé or just about any pastry and you will hear yelling, swearing, pots and trays being thrown around the kitchen.
I can barely melt chocolate.
So, Pool, I feel your pain.

I know how to make chicken curry, sambar, fish curry, beef and chicken roast, chicken tikka, chicken 65, avial, rasam, rice, briyani...etc etc but baking I'm clueless😕 I think the ratio of the ingredients have to be just right because I get greedy and put a little more sugar and chocolate into the mix to make it taste better.. Wish I had pics of all the failed experiments, had to dig a hole and bury it or Rambo will eat it lol

(January 16, 2018 at 7:46 am)pocaracas Wrote: If it's made at the edges and gooey in the middle, your oven is too hot.

So preheat the oven to like 150? I usually preheat up to 180. While baking it's usually 110 degrees and that's the lowest it goes
Instructions not clear; nuked Hawaii.
(January 16, 2018 at 5:12 am)Cod Wrote: He'll be making donuts next.

I think just the holes. 

Wonder why he let mayo off his list?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(January 16, 2018 at 8:11 am)mh.brewer Wrote:
(January 16, 2018 at 5:12 am)Cod Wrote: He'll be making donuts next.

I think just the holes. 

Wonder why he let mayo off his list?

What type of cakes have you been eating? Tongue
Meh, nobody would want to eat my cooking, I can fuck up toast, and burn water.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What does your mom/grandma bake for you? mcolafson 24 2040 January 3, 2017 at 10:04 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Would you eat this cake? Losty 42 3999 August 4, 2016 at 9:42 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Cake KUSA 14 1288 February 11, 2016 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  I want this Cake Gooders1002 17 2527 February 11, 2013 at 6:36 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Cake or Death? Violet 7 2278 November 30, 2011 at 7:27 am
Last Post: The Magic Pudding