Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone impacted by the (US) government shutdown?
Anyone impacted by the (US) government shutdown?
I am wondering about my (less than last year's) tax refund?
RE: Anyone impacted by the (US) government shutdown?
I feel safer.
Anyone impacted by President Shithole?
The government governs best that governs least.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(January 22, 2018 at 7:57 am)vorlon13 Wrote: The government governs best that governs least.

Well, I don't trust the private sector either.
I guarantee the sun will still come up this morning even if the National Labor Relations Board is shut down today.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(January 22, 2018 at 7:57 am)vorlon13 Wrote: The government governs best that governs least.

Yea Somalia is a great example of no government.

(January 22, 2018 at 8:06 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:

Well, I don't trust the private sector either.

I don't trust human greed, I still value western open markets, just not a free for all market.

It is impossible to end the global private sector. BOTH friend and foe alike, WORLDWIDE all invest in the global market.

What is supposed to be employed in the west are anti monopoly concepts. That is supposed to prevent too much power going into any aspect of society, be it a political party, religion or private business.
(January 22, 2018 at 8:08 am)vorlon13 Wrote: I guarantee the sun will still come up this morning even if the National Labor Relations Board is shut down today.

I like the statement when Thoreau adds his elaborations and caveats:

Thoreau Wrote:I heartily accept the motto, "That government is best which governs least"; and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically. Carried out, it finally amounts to this, which also I believe- "That government is best which governs not at all"; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have... If a thousand men were not to pay their tax-bills this year, that would not be a violent and bloody measure, as it would be to pay them, and enable the State to commit violence and shed innocent blood. This is, in fact, the definition of a peaceable revolution, if any such is possible.
(January 22, 2018 at 8:10 am)Brian37 Wrote:

Yea Somalia is a great example of no government.

(January 22, 2018 at 8:06 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Well, I don't trust the private sector either.

I don't trust human greed, I still value western open markets, just not a free for all market.

It is impossible to end the global private sector. BOTH friend and foe alike, WORLDWIDE all invest in the global market.

What is supposed to be employed in the west are anti monopoly concepts. That is supposed to prevent too much power going into any aspect of society, be it a political party, religion or private business.
I never said I wanted to end the private sector. I just expect them to screw people whenever they can.
Well we kindof have to..it's the whole point.  Get as much as we can for giving as little as possible.  That's how you efficiently monetize your product or service, lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I hate government Apex1050 24 1867 May 30, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Athene
  The Overthrow the Government Thread The Valkyrie 15 1803 May 28, 2018 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  government controlling/monitoring child bearing Catholic_Lady 56 9162 July 10, 2015 at 9:27 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Corporations to Government: A Letter about Surveillance Walking Void 0 1280 December 9, 2013 at 11:14 am
Last Post: Walking Void