Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Overthrow the Government Thread
The Overthrow the Government Thread
This is a fantasy scenario (sorry Mr. NSA man who is reading this).

So, you have just overthrown the government (yay!).

Whether through armed insurrectoon (yay!) or overwhelming peaceful protest (boo!), you find yourself in control of the country (you can specify the country).

What are your next steps to stabilise the country?
Dying to live, living to die.
RE: The Overthrow the Government Thread
This is the most perfect and important question I have to answer and I will cease playing video games and read tons of books on history, economy, law, etc, just to know the way forward for my people.
Set up  a group of people much smarter than me to handle the stabilizing and rebuilding while at the same time stuffing my pockets (they owe me something for the over through). Then abdicate and run away.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 28, 2018 at 3:33 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: What are your next steps to stabilise the country?

First I'd tell Trump to fuck off and that the special relationship is over because we know that it's just a way to get the weak-arse politicians to sell us all out for money.

Then I'd dismantle the establishment that has existed since feudal times.

I'd do this by bringing in the guillotine and chopping the heads off anyone with a claim to being royal.

I am a merciful dictator. I understand that people cannot help which family they were born to, but they can help admitting to it. So if the Nth in line to the throne is unwilling to sign an affidavit renouncing all royal connections then into the guillotine they go.

All faith schools would be abolished of course, but also all the public schools (what we call posh private schools here in the UK).

The House of Lords would also get the chop. Literally.

Birmingham would become the new capital city.

I'd then bring in an entirely democratic form of government, with a constitution for each part of the UK before making each one an independent country. Independent that is but still under my rule. I'd then let them handle their own affairs while I oversaw it as a benevolent dictator until I got bored and did something else.
Well, considering I'm Canadian, I go on national TV to assure everyone about how sorry we are about this inconvenient take-over.

Trudeau runs to Trump and asks for aid..

US immediately invades....

I retreat north to thunder bay with my cabinet & ready for our possible Evac to the Fortress of Solitude or Santa's Village (one more heavily armoured, the other better shielded) , both of which are closely guarded Canadian secrets, and order the withdrawal of all Canadian forces to their northern most bases, while instructing all southern Canadians to offer no resistance to our American friends, but instead offer beaver tails, poutine, and single payer health care.

China offers unsolicited food and medical aid drops to Canadians in reciprocity for our food aid to them in the 50's & 60's.

We try to extend this gift to our uninvited (but well meaning) American "guests".

When suddenly, I'm shocked by Pam Ewing bursting in to the shower (interrupting my day dream) and thinking I'm dead!

Kids...ask your parents...or your grandparents, I'm not sure how old I am.
I'd choose the UK as it's the country I'm the most familiar with.

I'd say "Put it back the way it was except before Brexit, please."
(May 28, 2018 at 4:42 pm)unsapien Wrote: I retreat north to thunder bay 

Whenever I hear thunder bay, I always think "that's where they make Staals!"
Build a guillotine and chop the WLB's head off.

And then, anyone who says "that's not right" gets their heads chopped off next.

Then, burn all the churches to the ground.

If I think of anything else I'll let you know.
(May 28, 2018 at 4:59 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Then, burn all the churches to the ground.

Don't forget the mosques and synagogues! If you're gonna be a militant anti-theist to the point of actual vandalism and arson you may as well go all the way Tongue
I'd give the country back to the government, cuz I know fuckall about running a country.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I hate government Apex1050 24 1866 May 30, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4136 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Anyone impacted by the (US) government shutdown? Jehanne 12 1028 January 22, 2018 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  government controlling/monitoring child bearing Catholic_Lady 56 9159 July 10, 2015 at 9:27 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Corporations to Government: A Letter about Surveillance Walking Void 0 1280 December 9, 2013 at 11:14 am
Last Post: Walking Void