Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:41 am

Poll: Extraterrestrials are here on Earth.
This poll is closed.
Yep
6.67%
2 6.67%
Nope
76.67%
23 76.67%
I am a space alien.
16.67%
5 16.67%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extraterrestrials
Extraterrestrials
Yes, this is about Aliens from outer space. (Not border-crossing aliens for all you so eager to post a meme you just found on Google images)

UFO sightings around the planet now number in the tens of thousands since the 1940s and there's an overwhelming amount of compelling cases for extraterrestrial life visiting this planet. Oddly enough, I have found that many atheists scoff at the notion of intelligent life visiting and/or residing here on Earth.
One would think that the religious right would be far more inclined to this position (as many are), but I have found that despite the overwhelming evidence and the fact that the topic itself is based in science and reality rather than magic and superstition, that many open-minded people will not even consider the possibility.

So...

What are your thoughts on the matter?
Is it all a hoax? 
Do you think extraterrestrials have or are possibly still visiting this solar system?
Roswell?
Abduction?

Discuss.

Let me save you all the time ...

[Image: 0adb43c777256a835adcc26d0c4ff6e651580323...8e6c6d.jpg]
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: Extraterrestrials
Billions of stars in billions of galaxies. We cannot be the only life out there.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(January 23, 2018 at 12:17 am)Joods Wrote: Billions of stars in billions of galaxies. We cannot be the only life out there.

Absolutely agreed my friend, but more to the point ...
are they here visiting Earth?
[Image: Evolution.png]

(January 23, 2018 at 12:13 am)Cinjin Wrote: Yes, this is about Aliens from outer space. (Not border-crossing aliens for all you so eager to post a meme you just found on Google images)

UFO sightings around the planet now number in the tens of thousands since the 1940s and there's an overwhelming amount of compelling cases for extraterrestrial life visiting this planet. Oddly enough, I have found that many atheists scoff at the notion of intelligent life visiting and/or residing here on Earth.
One would think that the religious right would be far more inclined to this position (as many are), but I have found that despite the overwhelming evidence and the fact that the topic itself is based in science and reality rather than magic and superstition, that many open-minded people will not even consider the possibility.

(My bold)

Aliens are the "magic and superstition" of our age. Hell, there are even myths resembling that of Prometheus whereby figures have given us "gifts" from the heavens. It's modern-day mythology. People nowadays aren't going to imagine thunder gods with iron hammers. No way! It's aliens now. Notice that shows about "alien visitation" often air in time slots next to shows about psychics, ghosts, demonic possession and other nonsense--because they have the same viewer base. If your bookstore has an "occult" section, its likely you'll find "case studies" of alien visitation there. This shit does not stand up to skeptical scrutiny.
(January 23, 2018 at 12:23 am)Cinjin Wrote:
(January 23, 2018 at 12:17 am)Joods Wrote: Billions of stars in billions of galaxies. We cannot be the only life out there.

Absolutely agreed my friend, but more to the point ...
are they here visiting Earth?

I have no idea. I wouldn't even know what to look for.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
nah... it's all bulldust...

We are alone ... forever!
And always will be!

(But it doesn't mean we can't fantasize)
I'm about to watch Discovery! S01E11
The gay dude's doctor boyfriend is dead if anyone watched e10.
I reckon they'll grab the alternate doctor from this alternate universe they are in.
He can't die! He wasn't wearing a red jumper! I'm sure the scriptwriters think we're stupid or something...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Quote: Oddly enough, I have found that many atheists scoff at the notion of intelligent life visiting and/or residing here on Earth.

Why the fuck would intelligent life visit here?

[Image: heads-of-the-church-of-the-holy-land-720x380.jpg]
(January 23, 2018 at 2:04 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote: Oddly enough, I have found that many atheists scoff at the notion of intelligent life visiting and/or residing here on Earth.

Okay, second guy from left. It looks like old white Catholic men draw from the same church wardrobe as old black protestant women, right down to the hats. Wink
(January 23, 2018 at 2:04 am)Minimalist Wrote:

We're a galactic freak show.

If there are ET's who actually travel for lifetimes to get here I would be surprised.  If there are ET's who have developed Startrek level travel capacity I would also be surprised.  

Just as the absence of time travelers is the best evidence for thinking that isn't happening, the same can be said for ET's.  Even if they can somehow get here, they won't be bringing anything revelatory which will provide religious levels of meaning and hope.  There won't be a UFO apocalypse after which there will be a new world.  So make peace with our mundane existence cuz that's all y'all gonna get.
The universe is so big that there is almost certanly other life out there, but because it's so big it is unlikely that any of it would visit us.
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!