Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:36 pm

Poll: What's worse
This poll is closed.
Scenario 1
50.00%
4 50.00%
Scenario 2
50.00%
4 50.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to decide what's worse ->
Time to decide what's worse ->
What's worse - You believe in a god all your life but when you die it's nothing,no afterlife , no punishment for your sins or reward for your good deeds... It's  just blank. Or the opposite?
RE: Time to decide what's worse ->
Find out you wasted the one life that was given to you, following a god that never existed? Or live life to the fullest, going only by what there's evidence for, and finding out eternity waits for you after all? I'd say the first. Granted there's the threat of some god that will cast you into a fire, or abandon you completely, because you didn't believe in something there was no evidence for. That says more about the god than you, though.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Pascal's wager, again?!? [Image: Eye_Roll.gif]
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Pool the matey: I decided that a long time ago without your ultimatum.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

There's no reason to choose between them, they're both co-equally shitty scenarios in which our choice is irrelevant.  A wasted life, or a tyrant in the sky?

I'll have the chicken, thx.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Scenario 3: These threads.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(February 4, 2018 at 1:04 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Find out you wasted the one life that was given to you, following a god that never existed? Or live life to the fullest, going only by what there's evidence for, and finding out eternity waits for you after all? I'd say the first. Granted there's the threat of some god that will cast you into a fire, or abandon you completely, because you didn't believe in something there was no evidence for. That says more about the god than you, though.

It does in the context that there is nobody helping humans in a magical way.

But when the atheist claims the theist is wasting their life, I'd only agree on pinning their future on false hopes.

I would not however, which many do, equate class to the litmus test of "success".

Rich and poor, famous or not, all have the ride end the same way. 

I am no fan of the bullshit "cliche" "Live life to the fullest".

The cheetah can produce short bursts of energy, but a Galapagos Tortoise moves slow and has a far longer lifespan.

I agree humans waste their lives pinning their hopes of a fictional forever. But while we are alive what we do matters. And it isn't always about speed or beating someone else to the money.
[Image: 1516767_461196047422521_1178098283_n.jpg...MA%3D%3D.2]
(February 4, 2018 at 1:39 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(February 4, 2018 at 1:04 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Find out you wasted the one life that was given to you, following a god that never existed? Or live life to the fullest, going only by what there's evidence for, and finding out eternity waits for you after all? I'd say the first. Granted there's the threat of some god that will cast you into a fire, or abandon you completely, because you didn't believe in something there was no evidence for. That says more about the god than you, though.

It does in the context that there is nobody helping humans in a magical way.

But when the atheist claims the theist is wasting their life, I'd only agree on pinning their future on false hopes.

I would not however, which many do, equate class to the litmus test of "success".

Rich and poor, famous or not, all have the ride end the same way. 

I am no fan of the bullshit "cliche" "Live life to the fullest".

The cheetah can produce short bursts of energy, but a Galapagos Tortoise moves slow and has a far longer lifespan.

I agree humans waste their lives pinning their hopes of a fictional forever. But while we are alive what we do matters. And it isn't always about speed or beating someone else to the money.

Mostly I talk about waste as in spending up to 10% of your income on the church, spending hours and hours each week there, instead of doing something more productive, at worst spreading hatred of certain groups because the bible says you shouldnt tolerate them, and so forth. If you're really kooky, believing the end times are coming any minute now, and refusing to do anything with your life except pray.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

If I were to believe in a god, it would be in one who valued free inquiry, skepticism and honest doubt.  Such a god would hardly punish me for not believing in It.

Pascal can suck it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which is worse? Foxaèr 13 611 February 23, 2022 at 8:59 am
Last Post: brewer
  Once again time for how much time you've spent here Foxaèr 23 2659 April 5, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Is time travel Impossible Because time Doesn't Exist? budsa11 62 8748 August 27, 2017 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Trying to Decide Something rexbeccarox 94 10181 April 11, 2015 at 7:33 am
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  I can't decide, so you people decide for me. paulpablo 32 3695 January 26, 2015 at 3:53 am
Last Post: Kitty Galore
  Help me decide on a major AtheistCreed 49 8582 September 25, 2013 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: AtheistCreed
  The "Which Is Worse"? game. Edwardo Piet 20 4916 January 7, 2013 at 10:18 am
Last Post: paulpablo