Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "Which Is Worse"? game.
The "Which Is Worse"? game.
Here's a game. I ask of two problems or irritations which is worse. And then I ask of two trivial non-serious things which is worse. Then after there are responses from the next person, they can do the same, and so on.

Ok, so, naturally, as the topic creator, I shall start.

More serious question: Which is worse: Hesitating too much or hurrying too much?

Less serious question: Which is worse: Excessively annoying singing or excessively annoying dancing?

(Note there does not have to be any relevance between the more serious and less serious question whatsoever).

Ok, so, the idea is to respond to both these questions and then respond with your own versions, and then the whole thing should (hopefully) naturally develop.
RE: The "Which Is Worse"? game.
Hesitating too much. I can't stand people who can't make up their minds.

Singing. I'm musical, so if you sing out of key, it makes me want to tear my ears off. If you dance funny I can at least laugh Tongue

Serious question: Would you rather die unexpectedly or because of e.g. cancer and be able to put your affairs in order etc.?

Less serious question: Should the tp end hang over the roll, or between the wall and the roll?
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(December 13, 2012 at 9:10 am)Kayenneh Wrote: Serious question: Would you rather die unexpectedly or because of e.g. cancer and be able to put your affairs in order etc.?

Less serious question: Should the tp end hang over the roll, or between the wall and the roll?

Unexpectedly, I would never wish to experience cancer just to tie up loose ends.
the TP end should be over the roll.

Serious: Would you rather have a good leader from your hated political party or a bad leader from your own political party?

Less Serious: What is worse: a ketchup dispensing belly button or a pencil sharpening nostril?
"I never got that show, 'Les Mis'. It’s about this French guy, right, who steals a loaf of bread, and then he suffers for the rest of his life… for toast. Get over it." - Darius.
(December 13, 2012 at 3:19 pm)Quid Wrote: Unexpectedly, I would never wish to experience cancer just to tie up loose ends.
the TP end should be over the roll.

Serious: Would you rather have a good leader from your hated political party or a bad leader from your own political party?

Less Serious: What is worse: a ketchup dispensing belly button or a pencil sharpening nostril?
Good leader from hated party, pencil sharpening nostril.

Serious: poor with a job you really like, or rich with a job you hate.

Less serious: This game, or getting hit in the balls by an errant golf ball.
Poor with a job I like.

This game.

Having a severe mental illness or a severe physical disability?

Stuck in line or stuck in traffic?
Severe physical disability.

Stuck in line.

Would you rather be blind or deaf?

For dinner: takeout Chinese or pizza?
(December 13, 2012 at 5:40 pm)festive1 Wrote: Severe physical disability.

Stuck in line.

Would you rather be blind or deaf?

For dinner: takeout Chinese or pizza?

That’s a tough one since if I were blind I would have not be able to perform my present career (which I love), but if I were deaf I would be unable to enjoy music (which I love). But I will have to go with Deaf since my love of the visual arts over rules being able to hear music.

Chinese, as long as they have chicken in black bean sauce.

Serious: Would your rather have a totally dependent adult childe who loves you, or a totally independent adult child who hates you?

Less Serious: Being stuck in a room with a flatulent man, or being stuck in a room with a hippy who hasn’t showered in a month.
"I never got that show, 'Les Mis'. It’s about this French guy, right, who steals a loaf of bread, and then he suffers for the rest of his life… for toast. Get over it." - Darius.
(December 13, 2012 at 6:41 pm)Quid Wrote: Serious: Would your rather have a totally dependent adult childe who loves you, or a totally independent adult child who hates you?
Toughie. I'm not a mom, but I think I'd rather have a dependent child who loves me. I'm not sure if I could take my own child hating me (that isn't just teen angst).

(December 13, 2012 at 6:41 pm)Quid Wrote: Less Serious: Being stuck in a room with a flatulent man, or being stuck in a room with a hippy who hasn’t showered in a month.

Flatulent man. I've had a hippy roommate who wasn't fond of showering and my Hovik is quite gassy. The gas is better.

Serious: Which is worse- Watching your loved one die or never getting the chance to say goodbye?

Less serious: Is it worse to be in a theater or a restaurant with a screaming baby?
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
(December 13, 2012 at 6:46 pm)Annik Wrote: Serious: Which is worse- Watching your loved one die or never getting the chance to say goodbye?

Less serious: Is it worse to be in a theater or a restaurant with a screaming baby?

Having done both, I have to say: never getting the chance to say goodbye.

Theater.

Serious: Would you rather live a long life filled with physical, or psychological pain?

Not-so-serious: Mud pie, or dirt cake?
Tough question. Hard to give a quick answer. Physical. The way I see it is: since physical pain isn't the same as suffering, I only suffer if I have difficultly tolerating my pain. I'd rather be happy and in pain but not suffering than not in pain but depressed anyway.

But that's assuming that the condition was permanent. The problem is that physical pain without suffering usually very quickly becomes physical pain + suffering and the more physical pain the more suffering (/psychological pain).

Mud pie. I don't like dirt because it gets in my eyes.

(Apologies for the long first answer, it was a very difficult question for me).

Serious question: Which is worse too much confusion or too much ignorance?

Less serious question: Would you rather hum annoyingly all the time or whistle annoyingly all the time?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which do you want to go? Foxaèr 13 793 October 18, 2023 at 10:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Which famous clone would you adopt? Fake Messiah 10 950 January 24, 2023 at 7:49 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Which TV game show would you win? Fake Messiah 6 847 January 18, 2023 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Which is worse? Foxaèr 13 626 February 23, 2022 at 8:59 am
Last Post: brewer
  Which one is the correct phrase? brewer 20 1913 September 21, 2021 at 7:20 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Which ancient thread of mine should I necro? Foxaèr 11 602 August 25, 2021 at 7:15 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Which console zo buy a 12-year-old kid? franzis 20 2433 February 23, 2020 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
Question Which of the seven dwarfs are you? (Quiz) Angrboda 33 2368 September 21, 2018 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Which Do You Hear A Theist 35 2314 May 19, 2018 at 2:13 am
Last Post: paulpablo
  Which Banned AF Member Are You? Edwardo Piet 54 7544 May 1, 2018 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: vorlon13