Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What new books would you like in the Bible?
What new books would you like in the Bible?
Bible was written over several centuries by people adding new books that they believed were written by people who had god whisper it into their ears, so I guess there is no reason for this to stop. What would you like to see?

I guess I'd like to see a prequel story about Holy Ghost. Perhaps she was a Jedi in another Galaxy some long time ago that saw her whole Galaxy gone to rubble and only she survived. So she floated the universe until she met god and they decided to make Earth. It would also be a nice tie-in with Star Wars.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: What new books would you like in the Bible?
Portnoy's Complaint
(February 5, 2018 at 4:22 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Portnoy's Complaint

. . . and he took up the liver and blessed it and gave thanks, and behold he did rub the organ over his organ and all who saw marveled at this and asked, 'Is this the son of Mary defiling dinner? Who but the Messiah can fuck his food with such authority? Praise be to the Lord!'
'The Hitchhikers Guide To Palestine'

'The Restaurant At The End Of Galilee'

'Lepers, the Universe, and Everything'

'So Long, And Thanks For All The Loaves And Fishes'

'Mostly Harmful'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 5, 2018 at 4:16 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Bible was written over several centuries by people adding new books that they believed were written by people who had god whisper it into their ears, so I guess there is no reason for this to stop. What would you like to see?

I guess I'd like to see a prequel story about Holy Ghost. Perhaps she was a Jedi in another Galaxy some long time ago that saw her whole Galaxy gone to rubble and only she survived. So she floated the universe until she met god and they decided to make Earth. It would also be a nice tie-in with Star Wars.

Book of Mormon ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

A touch of the Dianetics in there as well, I think.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Neuromancer *shrug*
(February 5, 2018 at 7:33 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: 'The Hitchhikers Guide To Palestine'

'The Restaurant At The End Of Galilee'

'Lepers, the Universe, and Everything'

'So Long, And Thanks For All The Loaves And Fishes'

'Mostly Harmful'

Boru

You just won the Internet.

For the next three weeks.   Tongue
I don't know about you, but i could do with a story explaining just how jesus made The holy grail into a horcrux. Pretty sure The authors glossed over that point, so it could do with Some clarification.

Oh! And maybe a centerfold ever hundred of pages. Just to keep our attention up.
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
(February 5, 2018 at 8:08 pm)Cyberman Wrote: A touch of the Dianetics in there as well, I think.

So what? Are you that conservative that you want Bible to steal stories only from Greek and Egyptian mythology? Like remember story "Baucis and Philemon" where
Quote:Zeus and Hermes came disguised as ordinary peasants, and began asking the people of the town for a place to sleep that night. They had been rejected by all, "so wicked were the people of that land," when at last they came to Baucis and Philemon's simple rustic cottage. Though the couple were poor, their generosity far surpassed that of their rich neighbors, among whom the gods found “doors bolted and no word of kindness." and so on
It's been done to death in the Bible. Time to find some new fantasy stories to steal from.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What would you do if you found out God existed Catholic_Lady 545 78647 March 5, 2021 at 3:28 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Best books on religion? EgoDeath 15 1752 August 29, 2019 at 7:47 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  If God of Abraham books are false Smain 6 2052 June 26, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Nobody reads science books metaphorically! ignoramus 55 13591 June 11, 2018 at 8:54 am
Last Post: Drich
  What would you say to a god if you met one? The Valkyrie 37 4041 June 1, 2018 at 7:05 am
Last Post: brewer
  Satanic Bible vs Christian Bible ƵenKlassen 31 7580 November 27, 2017 at 10:38 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  What would you do if you found out that I was God? Aegon 16 2558 October 8, 2017 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What would you do if you found out that God has nothing to do with religions? Little Rik 68 11603 October 8, 2017 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: energizer bunny
  What would you do if you found out Dog existed? Gawdzilla Sama 16 3317 October 7, 2017 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  What would you do if you found out God can't possibly exist? Succubus 21 4623 October 7, 2017 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet