Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:27 pm

Poll: Who'd you rather live next door to?
This poll is closed.
A. see op
83.33%
10 83.33%
B. see op
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists, Who would You Rather Have as a Neighbor
Atheists, Who would You Rather Have as a Neighbor
A. a christian who believes god wants them to go the extra mile to be kind to everyone, even if just as an evangelism tool or to win goody points in heaven.

B. an atheist who's a cynical curmudgeon who thinks since he doesn't believe in god, he has no reason to act morally or be nice.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: Atheists, Who would You Rather Have as a Neighbor
Whichever is quiet and doesn't talk to me.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
I don’t really socialize with my neighbors much so I wouldn’t care either way
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
B. I couldn't take Ned Flanders living next door.

Edit: Unless Mr.s Flanders was really freaky deaky.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
If you have someone who doesn't care about morals, they could steal from you and not care that it's wrong.
However, I don't want Mr.Nice Guy either. He seems like he'll try to socialize with me and be super friendly. I'd rather have neighbors that just ignore me.
The bugle sounds as the charge begins

But on this battlefield no one wins

- Iron Maiden, The Trooper
Either could be clingy onto me as a disabled person. The Christian will occasionally forcefully lay hands on me in prayer, and the atheist would just bitch about his life but then say that at least he's not a cripple.

Luckily I'm not too neighborly in real life.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Obviously, A. I'd hate to end up in prison because I killed neighbor B because he kept playing his stereo too loud.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Which ever one knows how to mind their own business.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Anything would be better than my idiot neighbour. Though technically I have three directly attached to me; one on the right, one up, one down.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
My best neighbour is the one who doesn't want to borrow my tools all the time.

(unless she's gorgeous and needs to borrow my 6 inch impact driver Naughty)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What would you do if you found out God existed Catholic_Lady 545 77201 March 5, 2021 at 3:28 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  "Jesus would rather kill, not marry, gay people" - Franklin Graham Foxaèr 724 60971 August 1, 2018 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  What would you say to a god if you met one? The Valkyrie 37 3952 June 1, 2018 at 7:05 am
Last Post: brewer
  Theists, Who would You Rather Have as a Neighbor Rhondazvous 23 7654 November 10, 2017 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  What would you do if you found out that I was God? Aegon 16 2495 October 8, 2017 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What would you do if you found out that God has nothing to do with religions? Little Rik 68 11408 October 8, 2017 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: energizer bunny
  What would you do if you found out Dog existed? Gawdzilla Sama 16 3265 October 7, 2017 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  What would you do if you found out God can't possibly exist? Succubus 21 4529 October 7, 2017 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Would you attack the Church if you could? Macoleco 108 13665 December 19, 2016 at 2:31 am
Last Post: energizer bunny
  Atheists Have the Most Logical Reason for being Moral Rhondazvous 24 7237 January 22, 2016 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Reforged