Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Scenes from Favorite Fiims
Favorite Scenes from Favorite Fiims
One of my all time favorite films is Fellini's "Roma". This is the Vatican Fashion Show scene without subtitles:

p
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

RE: Favorite Scenes from Favorite Fiims
[Image: BrokebackMtn_486Pyxurz.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

My favourite scene from my favourite movie:

Not only does Alex get his comeuppance (and we see exactly how  horrible it all really is), but near the end of the video, the shot where Dim and Georgie beats Alex within an inch of his life becomes more poignant when you learn that Malcolm McDowell was really almost dying when he shot it. There was apparently an underwater breathing apparatus inside the trough that would keep him alive, but it malfunctioned during filming. And because that  particular moment is one fairly long shot (not even the longest in the film, but still), we see this happening in real time. This isn't just movie magic: it's really happening. See Tarkovsky's Sculpting in Time for more details about why long takes (at least if they're well done) are awesome.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Chavela Vargas plays a cameo in "Frida". Film about Frida Kahlo. Vargas was Kahlo's real life lover but played a mysterious women in a cantina in this scene leading to the murder of Trotsky:

God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

[Image: alienresurrection.png]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Naturally conceived Vincent triumphs over his brother/scientifically engineered genetic superior a second time as a man, and reveals the baffling secret as to how he's been able to do any of this.
Then saves his brother's life yet again.

This satirical propagandist romp from Starship Troopers is classic, in my book... 
Always good for a (somewhat nervous) chuckle!

I'm on my phone so I can't post the video, but one of my favourite scenes is from the movie Ladyhawke, with Rutger Hauer and Michelle Pfeiffer.

There's a scene where he's in wolf form and as the sun comes up, just for a moment, both are back in human form. They reach for each other but, just as they nearly touch, she changes into a hawk and flies away.

Sends shivers through me every time.
Dying to live, living to die.
Oh come on, you know there is no better scene then this

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(February 8, 2018 at 1:19 am)Thena323 Wrote: This satirical propagandist romp from Starship Troopers is classic, in my book... 
Always good for a (somewhat nervous) chuckle!

Need to have another name on that piece of shit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worst scenes in movies Fake Messiah 30 2597 October 19, 2023 at 11:12 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Rewriting scenes in "Dune". Gawdzilla Sama 26 1434 September 6, 2023 at 8:24 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Movie scenes that made you crap your pants. Brian37 33 2565 November 5, 2021 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Your favorite tv shows NOW vs. your favorite tv shows of all time Casca 14 1726 January 15, 2017 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Your favorite movie scenes. Something completely different 13 2876 March 18, 2013 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Rayaan