Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ray Comfort Books
Ray Comfort Books
I also write to atheists and evolutionists on facebook at <Snippity> and on Quora. I recently bought three of Ray Comfort's books. In the first chapters of Nothing Created Everything, I found that some of the thoughts therein, I had already or have read them elsewhere. I find the book so far interesting albeit a little disorganized. However, I wish I had not paid money for the books. With that thought, it occurred to me: Mr. Comfort, how is it you can charge money for books where you use Scripture, and talk about God in any way shape or form? If you are sticking to science and sending people to the scriptures, links, or places where scripture can be explained, I can see getting paid. However, if you are citing scripture, and explaining, it seems to me the ultimate in sacrilege, and unentitlement if you are charging money for your books. If you did stick to science in your books, you would avoid being accused of inaccuracies in your interpretation of some doctrine, which I here accuse you of.
Moderator Notice
Link removed, please take notice of the forum rules found here: https://atheistforums.org/rules.php

You must accrue 30 posts AND 30 days of membership to be allowed to link to external content.
RE: Ray Comfort Books
Um. Hello there. Perhaps you'd like to make an introduction thread to say hi to everyone.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Link going away in 3,2,1...
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Hi, Josephine! Welcome to AF.org.

I have always suspected that Ray's core audience consists of people already convinced of creationism, so it makes sense he'd throw in some scripture. (They like that stuff.)

It's nice to see you recognize such an approach for its circularity.
Rules. Especially the 30/30 rule, are important.

If you write books... please take a moment to read our book of rules. Thanks.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Welcome.

Even among creationists, Comfory is generally considered an idiot.
Dying to live, living to die.
Not a good first post.
(February 14, 2018 at 4:37 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Not a good first post.

What's wrong with it? I thought she made a good point. 

Anyway, it's better than this.

Besides, I think we need more theists. (Especially ones capable of looking at an issue honestly.)
for some weird reason I always think of liquorice comforts (liquorice torpedoes) when his name is mentioned.
'Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid'
(February 14, 2018 at 3:39 pm)JosephineRichardson Wrote: I also write to atheists and evolutionists on facebook 

[edit]

Hello JR. Can you tell us what you write to them about?

Are you here for conversion or discussion?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.