Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Embarrassing conversations you've had with your kid(s)
Embarrassing conversations you've had with your kid(s)
S and I are walking through Walmart. We are there to pick up a few items. She's being rather cocky so I decide to teach her a lesson. Luckily for me, some of Walmart's corporate people were there so I took an opportunity to teach them about how to embarrass teenagers. It was great fun! 

Me: So, this is my daughter S, and as you can hear from our conversation, she's being sort of a jerk...

S:... you're being the jerk. (Interrupts me in her best sarcastic and condescending teen voice)

Me: I wasn't but I'm about to be now....

S... well I'm walking away. 

Me: Ohhh I don't think so. Come here. (hesitation from S). No. Come. Over. Here. (I'm pointing to a spot right next to myself). Right here. 

S: Um... I don't wanna. 

Me: I can do things ya know. Horrible parenting things that we both know you won't like. Would you like a hug? (the sort of hug I'm offering comes complete with me singing rather loudly off key while hugging her tightly so she can't escape. She knows this.)

S: *sigh* I hate you. (says it in a resigned, giving up tone of voice as she walks back over to me)

Me: That's okay. I hate you too. (Smiling at the visiting women from corporate Walmart) But don't fret. This'll be fun! 

S stands by the end of the cart, just out of arm's reach for me. Lucky girl. 

S: (mumbles) No, it won't.

Me: So do any of you have kids? (I'm addressing corporate)

One woman pipes up that she has a six year old. Another mentions that she has an 8 year old and an 11 year old.

Me: Excellent! Young enough to start the embarrassment technique I like to call the Pre-Walmart Speech, typically given to my three teens, ages 13, 15 and 16 because well, and let's be honest, (whispering) they're all assholes at this age. 

Laughter from the five ladies who's attention I now have... Oh and a few onlooking customers. I totally live for shit like this. 

S: I still hate you. 

Me: And I can still take away your phone. (smiling sweetly at my annoyed child)
Me: (looking at the corporate people) By the way... you have to have zero fucks to give for this sort of thing to work. I ran out of fucks the day my oldest, now 22 was born. You just have to not care about what anyone in public thinks of you, otherwise, it'll just be a huge waste of time. 

I give the pre-walmart speech (I've posted that in the forums before. Feel free to search for it), the ladies laugh, thank me for the ever-so-helpful advice. S and I walk away towards the sporting goods section, where S loudly announces that she still hates me. 

Me: (in response) S, how do you say "you suck" in German? 

S: I don't know. 

Me: Well you need to ask your German teacher how to say you suck, because I want to be able to tell you that you suck, in German. 

S: Ugh! I so totally hate you and you suck too! (She's now starting to walk away from me at this point, but I know where she's headed, so we're still good Big Grin  ) 

Utilizing my best "mom's embarrassing me, LOUD voice, I holler BUT S, I LOVE YOU!! She's now walking several paces ahead of me all the while I'm laughing so hard tears are coming out of my eyes and I'm calling after her, in that voice she hates so much. I seriously almost peed my pants from laughing so hard. 

Me: S! Come back here. You're making me cry! Don't leave me S! Oh Please! What will I do without you! Come baaaaaack!!!

S: You know, I really hate you. 

Me: That's okay. One day, your kids will make you turn. And you'll be doing this exact same thing. You wanna know why?

S: Why? (Hey - this response came with an eyeroll)

Me: Because you - know. This. Works. And secretly, deep down inside, you can't wait until your own future kids will do something to make you want to take a time out to perform a teachable moment to them. And plus... it provides humor on a level so epic.... it makes you jealous. 

Me: ( loudly exclaiming) I got the power!! 

S: I still hate you.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
RE: Embarrassing conversations you've had with your kid(s)
I dated a lady for several years back in the day. She had a babe in arms when I met her and the kid grew up with me around, I baby sat when I could. One day when she was four she came up and said she had a itch. Without thinking I said "Show me."

This was followed by a quick trip to the bathroom to retrieve a tube of yeast infection medication. I made a point of discussing this with the little girl when her mother was in the room later. She was behind the girl and rolling on the floor.
@OP, I don't have kids, but I do have parents... and I am a fast runner and always carry my headphones.... just sayin!
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Asked the mom of a friend of mine if he was a difficult delivery.

She immediately replied she'd had worse bowel movements.

My friend was MORTIFIED, I found it hysterical !!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid crap you believed as a kid/teen. Brian37 18 1248 June 12, 2021 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  I was so poor as a kid routine Fake Messiah 26 1116 October 14, 2018 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  I just had to share this pic with you guys Alexmahone 14 1123 May 26, 2018 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Do you have any funny/embarrassing moments you’re willing to share? Coveny 10 1375 March 24, 2018 at 4:42 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  You ain’t from Iowa if you never had one of these vorlon13 2 679 November 18, 2017 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: brewer
  JetBlue loses kid... Brian37 28 2255 September 2, 2016 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Embarrassing/awkward Moments The Valkyrie 5 1516 March 25, 2014 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Embarrassing Bad Writer 18 3501 October 4, 2013 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  I kid you not, this is the name of a WiFi network near my new house. Tiberius 17 5596 June 12, 2012 at 4:41 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Just had to share this Cyberman 0 996 March 23, 2012 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Cyberman