Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you rather?
Would you rather?
Time for a game?

"Would you rather." I think we all know this one.
I ask you to choose between two options. You answer and give us your reasoning. Once you give your answer, you must pose a dillema of your own so the game can continue.

Would you rather:
Be able to read all languages, but not be able to speak at all?
OR
Be able to speak all languages, but not be able to read at all?

(P.S. In option 1: sign-language is excluded, you can communicate in sign-language. But your voice doesn't work.)
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
RE: Would you rather?
Option 1, hands down (no pun intended).

Would you rather:

-Own the most comfortable shoes in the world.

-Have a dog that spoke fluent Yiddish.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 20, 2018 at 8:24 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Option 1, hands down (no pun intended).

Would you rather:

Boru

Option 2. I could make millions off the dog and learn Yiddish too. 
Would you rather sail around the world or
Fly around the world in a hot air balloon (stop whenever)
Sail.  I'm quite a good swimmer, but if the balloon goes *blooey*, Boru goes *splat*.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 20, 2018 at 8:49 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Sail.  I'm quite a good swimmer, but if the balloon goes *blooey*, Boru goes *splat*.

Boru

Where’s your follow up dillema, though? Smile

(February 20, 2018 at 8:44 pm)Antares Wrote:
(February 20, 2018 at 8:24 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Option 1, hands down (no pun intended).

Would you rather:

Boru

Option 2. I could make millions off the dog and learn Yiddish too. 
Sail. Seems safer.

Would you rather have x-ray vision you can control, but have zero hearing sense, or have the ability to listen to what people are thinking, but be blind?
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(February 20, 2018 at 8:53 pm)You J a c k Wrote:
(February 20, 2018 at 8:49 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Sail.  I'm quite a good swimmer, but if the balloon goes *blooey*, Boru goes *splat*.

Boru

Where’s your follow up dillema, though? Smile

(February 20, 2018 at 8:44 pm)Antares Wrote: Option 2. I could make millions off the dog and learn Yiddish too. 
Sail. Seems safer.

Would you rather have x-ray vision you can control, but have zero hearing sense, or have the ability to listen to what people are thinking, but be blind?

The first option. If I could hear what everyone was thinking it would make me daft. 
Would you rather...
Have your own lush desert island or
A nice house in your choice of city
The second
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Gimme a dilemma, yo!
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Would you rather have a cat that thinks it's a dog, or a dog that thinks it's a cat?
Dying to live, living to die.
Option 1, hands down.

My speech development was stunted to the point where my parents said spoken English is my second language, written English being my first. I've had some instances of laryngitis so severe that I've had to resort to using a speech synth, specifically this one for all my vocal needs for several days. Honestly, I didn't mind being mute then.

Sadly, I don't think I'll be using this one next time, since not only do you now have to do a "terms and services" click every time you use it, but there's some music that drowns out what you're saying. For what it's worth, I can't find a free one with the sort of WillBadGuy voice I loved to use, and the only other one I've been able to find was a Steven Hawking voice app.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you still cook if you diddn't have to? Angrboda 41 2173 October 30, 2023 at 3:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  ‘Would You Rather’ Scenarios BrianSoddingBoru4 25 1384 June 26, 2022 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Where would you go if you could? Brian37 24 2027 August 18, 2021 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Who would you rely on to help you out? Cod 18 1329 January 8, 2019 at 6:36 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Inspired rather than random thoughts tackattack 20 1896 November 24, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Would you rather die of thirst or hunger? ErGingerbreadMandude 18 1497 January 29, 2018 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Which one would you rather be: Deaf or Blind? Omnicidal 41 5058 January 3, 2018 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  What would you do if you woke up one day to find you were the last person alive? Edwardo Piet 64 16346 October 16, 2017 at 7:25 pm
Last Post: c172
  What would you do if you could remember every single moment in your life? c172 11 2465 October 13, 2017 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  What would you do if you found out I didn't exist? Edwardo Piet 4 806 October 7, 2017 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet