Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monica Lewinsky Still Passing the Buck
Monica Lewinsky Still Passing the Buck
Listen, I get that being investigated relentlessly and outed to the nation is rough stuff. I understand that the guilty party in a cheating situation is the person that cheats. Lewinsky didn't necessarily do anything wrong, but she really fucking wasn't wronged either. Just because the dude you fucked around with is in a position of power doesn't mean he abused that power to get in your pants. Just because you decided to be an absolute moron and fuck around with the single most watched person in the world doesn't mean you get sympathy when it blows up in your face. You don't get to Me Too because you had sexual relations with the president and were investigated when he lied about it. You chose to have an affair with a married man. You got caught. You had to reap what you sowed. You are not a victim. I can't believe she still has the gall to play victim and compare herself to actual victims. She and Bill should be utterly ashamed and just shut the fuck up about it.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/02/...e-of-metoo
RE: Monica Lewinsky Still Passing the Buck
Why are we still talking about this ?
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Exactly my point. She wrote an article for Vanity Fair recently saying that the Me Too movement made her realize that her consensual relationship with the President was a gross abuse of power on his part.
Has she at least brought new details to light that would support the "abusing his power to get in her pants" theory?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Nope.
(February 28, 2018 at 12:15 pm)Shell B Wrote: Exactly my point. She wrote an article for Vanity Fair recently saying that the Me Too movement made her realize that her consensual relationship with the President was a gross abuse of power on his part.

And nobody seems to recognise this argument as just Andrea "all heterosexual sex is rape" Dworkin-lite? Seriously, this argument is taking Andrea Dworkin's argument that women cannot be in charge of their own sexualities in a patriarchy and stopping just short of its logical conclusion.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
It's fucking ridiculous. She has no idea how much her attempt to shift any of the blame off herself makes women look like helpless dolts.
Just on news again.

IIRC, E Network ran an hour of Monica, from her viewpoint, not too long ago.  FNC is running a multi episode series on Sundays called Scandalous on the Clinton's.

For me, the Monica ep on E was the most disturbing. Can't imagine any warning sign Monica failed to display and Bill ignored all of them regardless. Additionally, despite Monica's chronological age of being mid 20s, emotionally at the time of the scandal she was 12 or 13. She was totally delusional in her expectations of where her affair with Bill was headed. I don't recall any class mates of mine from high school being so far into the drama of any relationship back then. Monica was profoundly disturbed in regards to Bill, and he was aware of it. Hard to imagine 2 other people working so hard to insure a mutual, clearly foreseeable clusterfuck.

BTW, the FNC piece is hysterical in avoiding any mention of Clinton's enemies, Hyde, Barr and Gingrich simultaneously conducting their own illicit affairs while castigating Bill's.

I'd give the blue dress imbroglio (thank you Linda) some credit for sparing Monica the worst of what the Clinton's Bimbo Eruption Response Squad could have done to her. I'd also, perhaps, dole out some credit for reframing how the rest of us looked at the "Bimbo Eruptions" then . . . .

. . . . and now.

Blush
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Can someone give me a brief summary of what happened? I can't stand reading her shit.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Blah, blah, someone talked to me about Me Too, blah, blah, now I realize Bill Clinton grossly abused his power to get in my pants, blah, blah, blah.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you still cook if you diddn't have to? Angrboda 41 2024 October 30, 2023 at 3:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Are there any active, free, text-only chat sites that are still going? Mechaghostman2 6 580 January 4, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  How are you passing your time now? ignoramus 28 1787 March 24, 2020 at 7:47 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Take It, Or leave it, I can still say Voulez Vous Brian37 7 1042 November 29, 2018 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: adey67
  Ya knooow, Monica smells; oh ma gosh!: implicit hate and grudge in social life WinterHold 10 1418 July 20, 2018 at 5:12 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Do you know why the end of the month is still too far away? Foxaèr 15 2347 April 22, 2018 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Unfortunately, I'm still... Gawdzilla Sama 18 1677 January 30, 2018 at 11:47 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Still a Christian - ask me questions/tell me about yourselves speedyj1992 194 31972 December 2, 2017 at 5:32 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Star Wars Rogue One is still playing in movie theaters. Jehanne 35 5112 April 18, 2017 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Today (Feb 16) Is The 2nd Anniversary Of My Father’s Passing Rhondazvous 7 1429 February 16, 2016 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus