Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is happening in Syria?
What is happening in Syria?
Lots of news and pictures of even little kids getting murdered for God knows what. What's happening there?
RE: What is happening in Syria?
I don't care at this point, even if whole country got nuked. I have my personal things to do.
(March 4, 2018 at 5:43 am)pool the matey Wrote: Lots of news and pictures of even little kids getting murdered for God knows what. What's happening there?

Do you read the news? This has been going on for quite a while.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(March 4, 2018 at 5:43 am)pool the matey Wrote: Lots of news and pictures of even little kids getting murdered for God knows what. What's happening there?

The "Arab spring" did not turn out quite as hoped.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Here you go.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(March 4, 2018 at 7:27 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:

No but it turned out pretty much as predicted.
(March 4, 2018 at 7:27 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:

Wanna give a short version of it for everyone?
(March 4, 2018 at 12:14 pm)pool the matey Wrote:
(March 4, 2018 at 7:27 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: The "Arab spring" did not turn out quite as hoped.

You want me to condense the last the last six years of complex middle eastern history into a snappy few sentences!

Well heres what happened.

A few arab countries rose up against their dictators, some where overthrown others not so much.
The hope was that this would lead to a new dawn for democracy, but it left power vacuums which the religious extremist sought to fill.

And of course you have the US and the Russians fighting the usual proxy wars.

In short the whole region is just one big mess.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(March 4, 2018 at 7:27 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: The "Arab spring" did not turn out quite as hoped.

The people of Syria protested for a change of government.

The government clamped down and massacred thousands.

A peaceful movement turned into a civil war.

Every nation and his dog became involved and interfered.

Syria goes the way of Somalia.
Dying to live, living to die.

Honestly, pool - this is a civil war and a humanitarian nightmare that's been going on for at nearly seven years, and you're only now catching on that something 'is happening in Syria'?  Fuxxake, mate - crawl out from under your rock and switch on the news now and then.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Donald Trump Is Pulling Out Of Syria BrianSoddingBoru4 52 3295 December 23, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  BREAKING: This is the 'most extensive Israeli Strike in Syria in Decades'. WinterHold 5 1022 May 11, 2018 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  President Trump To Strike Syria A Theist 39 3094 April 15, 2018 at 8:32 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  BREAKING:Trump Promises Strike on Syria and Warns Russia Against Backing Assad WinterHold 20 4061 April 14, 2018 at 10:21 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  What is happening in USA? SaStrike 80 7914 March 12, 2018 at 10:48 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  What Is Happening In Canada Amarok 8 1277 March 4, 2018 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  What Is Happening In New Zealand? BrianSoddingBoru4 22 1274 March 4, 2018 at 11:31 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Apparently We Have Invaded Syria Minimalist 29 6049 January 21, 2018 at 4:07 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  We may not be going into WW3 with Russia over Syria after all. Chad32 39 11613 July 16, 2017 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Breaking News: US Missile Strikes Against Military Targets Inside Syria A Theist 128 25499 April 17, 2017 at 2:01 am
Last Post: dyresand