Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking News: US Missile Strikes Against Military Targets Inside Syria
Breaking News: US Missile Strikes Against Military Targets Inside Syria
Watching the news on television. The United States has just launched targeted Tomahawk missile strikes against some military sites inside Syria in response to Assad's Sarin gas attack on his own people. Seems that Putin may not have been notified since Russians mans some of Syria's missile systems. News is still breaking. Couldn't get a link posted from this phone.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
RE: Breaking News
Holy shit.
http://www.kcra.com/article/us-official-...ia/9244235

Yeah, it's here. Maybe someone should edit the title to reflect what said breaking news is about ("Chicago Bulls championships all vacated?").
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
"The U.S. military launched approximately 50 cruise missiles at a Syrian military airfield late on Thursday....."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/nat...76e008a161
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
BBC are just reporting it, more details will probably be added soon:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39523654
I wonder what the 'goal' is ?? Or if the attack has even been thought out that far ??

I can rule out right now regime change is the goal.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: Breaking News: US Missile Strikes Against Military Targets Inside Syria
(April 6, 2017 at 9:42 pm)c172 Wrote: http://www.kcra.com/article/us-official-...ia/9244235

Yeah, it's here. Maybe someone should edit the title to reflect what said breaking news is about...

Done.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
So we just spent $70 million for what?

Oh, yeah.  To distract people from the WLB's political problems at home with Russia, Bannon, Jared, etc.

At least he didn't burn down the Reichstag....er, Capitol Hill.
If only they had killed those children with conventional weapons. Then, we could have ignored it.
If god was real he wouldn't need middle men to explain his wants or do his bidding.
(April 6, 2017 at 9:47 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I wonder what the 'goal' is ??   Or if the attack has even been thought out that far ??

Rule out right at the top of this regime change is not the goal.

BBC News Wrote:Earlier on Thursday, US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad should have no role in a future Syria.

It would appear that regime change is the goal now, although apparently some people in Trump's administration are concerned about this and quite rightly so. Assad is a brutal dictator but this may end up benefiting ISIL and other jihadist groups in Syria.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buy the new US military rifle before the troops get them onlinebiker 35 1957 April 25, 2022 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4015 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The last US military planes have left Afghanistan, marking the USA longest war. WinterHold 22 1592 August 31, 2021 at 6:48 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  BREAKING: Loujain Al-Hathloul FREE ! thanks Biden ! WinterHold 24 1158 February 15, 2021 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Saudi journalist killed and hacked inside Saudi embassy in Istanbul WinterHold 333 27811 January 16, 2021 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  M Flynn suggest military in swing states.... Brian37 52 1867 December 21, 2020 at 9:57 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  BREAKING:Italy charges Egyptian security agency officials over murder of Giulio R. WinterHold 27 1258 December 14, 2020 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  BREAKING:Clashes erupt after Trump loyalists march against election results WinterHold 28 2102 December 14, 2020 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Aegon
  BREAKING: Muslims confronting ISIS terrorist and save Austrian Wounded Cop. WinterHold 18 1256 November 5, 2020 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  BREAKING: Trump suggests US over-reporting COVID deaths WinterHold 23 2027 November 2, 2020 at 12:27 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye