Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 8:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Story Reminds Me of One of Murphy's Laws
This Story Reminds Me of One of Murphy's Laws
The one that says "bad laws are more commonly amended than repealed."

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/03/100-yea...e-endures/

Quote:100 years later, the madness of daylight saving time endures
RE: This Story Reminds Me of One of Murphy's Laws
Madness! Consider for just one moment the effects of crop growth by reducing the amount of sunlight. Madness I tell you!
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
No countries in the tropics observe DST. Ever wonder why? If you attempt to flush a toilet right on the equator, will the water spin left or right? Wtf happened to Sod’s Law? FFS mate, I’m an Alabamian n I know wot.
I believe in life before death.
Sours the milk an hour early too . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(March 9, 2018 at 9:42 pm)Antares Wrote: No countries in the tropics observe DST. Ever wonder why?

Probably has a lot to do with there being a lot less variability in daylight hours, IMO.
(March 9, 2018 at 9:42 pm)Antares Wrote: No countries in the tropics observe DST. Ever wonder why? If you attempt to flush a toilet right on the equator, will the water spin left or right? Wtf happened to Sod’s Law? FFS mate, I’m an Alabamian n I know wot.

The direction of the swirl in a toilet is independent of which side of the equator it is on. Coriolis force is irrelevant on that small a scale. Anyone who has actually looked at the flush ports on the rim would know this. Not chipping your biscuits, BTW. The number of countries that observe DST don't include those within the tropics for some reason that I know not. Probably because the variation in the length of the day isn't enough of a problem. Then again, none of those countries were war-mongering empire-builders who lived at latitudes that might have been threatened by variable sunshine. Tongue
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(March 10, 2018 at 1:09 am)FFireball Wrote:
(March 9, 2018 at 9:42 pm)Antares Wrote: No countries in the tropics observe DST. Ever wonder why? If you attempt to flush a toilet right on the equator, will the water spin left or right? Wtf happened to Sod’s Law? FFS mate, I’m an Alabamian n I know wot.

The direction of the swirl in a toilet is independent of which side of the equator it is on. Coriolis force is irrelevant on that small a scale. Anyone who has actually looked at the flush ports on the rim would know this. Not chipping your biscuits, BTW. The number of countries that observe DST don't include those within the tropics for some reason that I know not. Probably because the variation in the length of the day isn't enough of a problem. Then again, none of those countries were war-mongering empire-builders who lived at latitudes that might have been threatened by variable sunshine. Tongue

I was 3 sheets in the wind when I posted some of this  Confused I’m somewhat recovered now..
I believe in life before death.
(March 10, 2018 at 8:18 pm)Antares Wrote:
(March 10, 2018 at 1:09 am)FFireball Wrote: The direction of the swirl in a toilet is independent of which side of the equator it is on. Coriolis force is irrelevant on that small a scale. Anyone who has actually looked at the flush ports on the rim would know this. Not chipping your biscuits, BTW. The number of countries that observe DST don't include those within the tropics for some reason that I know not. Probably because the variation in the length of the day isn't enough of a problem. Then again, none of those countries were war-mongering empire-builders who lived at latitudes that might have been threatened by variable sunshine. Tongue

I was 3 sheets in the wind when I posted some of this  Confused I’m somewhat recovered now..

Yeah, man. I feel you there. I woke up a couple days ago to find I went on a posting spree. Like... fuck me... At least you were brief.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Never ending story: add 3 words! robvalue 9620 542143 August 21, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: no one
  [Serious] A true Christmas story. Jehanne 6 853 December 19, 2022 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The story of Midas makes no sense Foxaèr 13 1158 April 27, 2022 at 11:49 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story. Disagreeable 18 1170 January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Skins vs plastic, a loaded potato story. Brian37 40 2268 December 30, 2020 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A story Apollo 2 415 November 22, 2020 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Another story from the "Dumbass" files, me. Brian37 63 2968 October 27, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Sal
  Atheists reminds me of meathead from "All in the family" TV sitcom Lambe7 14 738 July 29, 2020 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  What the f laws? Brian37 16 2743 October 19, 2019 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The one sentence story, #1. Gawdzilla Sama 12 783 September 20, 2018 at 4:40 am
Last Post: ignoramus