Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is it healthier to eat no meat?
is it healthier to eat no meat?
Hi all, hope you are all doing good these days. I have had a few people in a cooking forum I am a part of tell me its healthier to eat no meat with healthy food having a plant based food regimen while most of them were saying you need meat with healthy foods witch is healthier then having no meat at all. I prefer to eat what is heathier either way so witch one is it if anyone here knows? Also a exersize site I am a member of said its healthier to eat no meat and that you can still acheive the gains you want with no meat so that makes me think there may be something to it. Also years ago on the aint no god forum(the owner was steve rider) that I was a member of, I think if i remember right I made a thread about this or something similar and someone told me about this man proffeshional body builder who apperently proved or showed that you don't need meat to be healthy or look muscular. He made a book about it and that made him famous. I dont recall his name.
RE: is it healthier to eat no meat?
Got to die of something.
@ The OPQ. In particular cases for priveleged individuals? Yeah, probably. In general? No, impossibly.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I would say an individual's food choices matter more than broad dietary classifaction. Put another way, hether you are omnivore, vegetarian, pescatarian, or vegan matters little if your food choices are of poor nutritional value.
(March 26, 2023 at 6:32 pm)Quill01 Wrote: Hi all, hope you are all doing good these days. I have had a few people in a cooking forum I am a part of tell me its healthier to eat no meat with healthy food having a plant based food regimen while most of them were saying you need meat with healthy foods witch is healthier then having no meat at all. I prefer to eat what is heathier either way so witch one is it if anyone here knows? Also a exersize site I am a member of said its healthier to eat no meat and that you can still acheive the gains you want with no meat so that makes me think there may be something to it. Also years ago on the aint no god forum(the owner was steve rider) that I was a member of, I think if i remember right I made a thread about this or something similar and someone told me about this man proffeshional body builder who apperently proved or showed that you don't need meat to be healthy or look muscular. He made a book about it and that made him famous. I dont recall his name.

Euell Gibbons. He died at the age of 64.
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
Do you think they will ever have a good tasting plant based infants?
Is it healthier? Well, it does seem to be, especially if you are talking about industrial farming. You know, colon cancer, diabetes, heart problems. But also, people overindulge in eating meat: they eat it every day and for every meal.

When it comes to sports and not eating meat, I watched a documentary a few years ago about how it is better not to eat meat if you are in sports.

"The Game Changers" is a new film executive produced by James Cameron, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Jackie Chan that documents the explosive rise of plant-based eating in professional sports, mixing real-time, groundbreaking science with cinematic stories of struggle and triumph.

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
I suspect it's better, for sports, to be on a liquid diet of god knows what and pumped full of performance enhancing chemicals. If you were an astronaut, it's best to have as little fiber as possible, hence the nasa tradition of steak and eggs before takeoff. I honestly doubt that anyone will ever come up with a better description of what and how the regular person should eat than michael pollan did. Eat food, not too much, mostly vegetables.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
There is no one diet that works best for everyone, but from what I understand, the healthiest diet for most people is a "plant-based" diet. A plant-based diet is mostly vegetables and non-meat sources of protein, with maybe a couple of servings of meat per week (preferably fish instead of beef/chicken/pork, etc.) A plant-based diet also usually means very little to no processed food.

Honestly, I think any diet that stays away from heavily processed products will be good.

I'm personally a vegetarian but I don't know if it's healthier or not, that's not why I do it.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
Eating meat is perfectly healthy, as long as you only eat healthy animals (all the cows I’ve eaten have had gym memberships).

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Creationists! Eat Your Broccoli ! chimp3 22 2751 October 17, 2019 at 7:06 am
Last Post: Cod
  So my cat wants to eat me? Whaaaa? Brian37 29 2115 January 22, 2019 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Phoque
  Richard Dawkins claims we should eat lab-grown human meat Alexmahone 83 10367 March 18, 2018 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Synthetic meat Excited Penguin 141 17697 February 28, 2016 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: vorlon13