Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brand Spanking New (Sort of) Writer's Forum (Unmoderated)
Brand Spanking New (Sort of) Writer's Forum (Unmoderated)
So, years ago, my favorite place to hang out on the Internet was an unmoderated forum that was ostensibly for writers, but just attracted anyone who liked a sort of Wild West atmosphere. We decided to recreate that (myself and a bunch of other forum refugees who will be joining in the next few days). I figured I'd extend an invitation to you folks. Whether you write or not, you're welcome. It's in its early stages, so don't expect a lot of conversation for now.

https://bojackexpress.com/
RE: Brand Spanking New (Sort of) Writer's Forum (Unmoderated)
Joined! I love that nobody had my name yet, so I didn’t have to be creative. Is it weird that I’m excited to be one of the first? Years from now I’ll get to show off. Big Grin
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
I might join.

I was part of an E-zine website/forum years ago where I posted my writing. It might actually help me to be part of a writing community again, to get my creative juices flowing more frequently.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(April 4, 2018 at 10:43 pm)J a c k Wrote: Joined! I love that nobody had my name yet, so I didn’t have to be creative. Is it weird that I’m excited to be one of the first? Years from now I’ll get to show off. Big Grin

I'm reminded of a scene from Blackadder 2, involving an arrow through Baldric's willy.

"Years from now, I'll show it to my grand children!"
Dying to live, living to die.
Ivy and Lut, we'll be happy to have you. Expect anything and everything there. One of my favorite guys is always writing romance. He's hilarious.

Jack, I repped you over there. Do you want me to create a poetry subforum? I completely spaced on that category.
(April 4, 2018 at 11:21 pm)Shell B Wrote: Ivy and Lut, we'll be happy to have you. Expect anything and everything there. One of my favorite guys is always writing romance. He's hilarious.

Jack, I repped you over there. Do you want me to create a poetry subforum? I completely spaced on that category.

Yes, please! I’d love that. I’m an unschooled writer and would love to learn stuff. Woot woot!
I signed up, but never received an email for verification.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I'm considering it, although, to be honest, it's been a while since I finished a short story.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(April 4, 2018 at 11:39 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: I signed up, but never received an email for verification.

Gah, I have to fix that. I'm activating you now.

(April 4, 2018 at 11:41 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: I'm considering it, although, to be honest, it's been a while since I finished a short story.

Really, the last forum was a lot of shooting the shit, and we sometimes motivated each other with challenges. You don't have to be writing to chat about it. There's also a reading forum.

I don't know how active it will get. We'll just have to wait and see.
Is there a place for tips in there? Like how to copyright your shit and other questions like that? A place where the most experienced writers can answer questions, if they’re up for it maybe.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Different Brand of Idiot onlinebiker 39 1616 July 21, 2020 at 11:02 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Spanking? BrokenQuill92 94 4522 November 8, 2019 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Chocolate what's your favorite brand or type? Amarok 50 3279 February 27, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  New forum look and server work Marsellus Wallace 11 1667 April 1, 2015 at 10:29 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Store brand beats name brand ElleBelle 27 3043 February 4, 2014 at 11:15 am
Last Post: ElleBelle
  Who here is a writer? Lemonvariable72 22 2857 November 1, 2013 at 8:49 am
Last Post: Faith No More
Tongue Russell Brand Interviews Baptist Church Leaders LOL! Big Blue Sky 6 1860 July 5, 2013 at 8:46 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Spanking for Jesus thesummerqueen 7 1379 June 19, 2013 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Right-wing writer kills himself after marriage equality passes Big Blue Sky 11 2917 May 28, 2013 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: dazzn
Exclamation IKEA horse meat scandal: Czech authority detects horse meat in IKEA brand meat balls Nobody 12 3421 March 3, 2013 at 4:01 am
Last Post: Aractus