Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam Harris (an atheist) says that God is possible/inevitable
Sam Harris (an atheist) says that God is possible/inevitable
I wanted to quickly share how an atheist such as Sam Harris, could validly express that a form of God is possible, and likely inevitable, all while still being an atheist.

Consider the following; especially item (3):

(1) I am an atheist.

(2) Beyond atheism, I lack belief in all things, and so I had come to invent a paradigm called 'non-beliefism'; so not surprisingly, I lack belief in all things, including God or Gods, as Sam Harris demonstrates.

(3) God is observable in a scientific context, see 'A scientific redefinition of God | by an atheist".  As such, "God" as observable in the scientific context presented, is compatible with atheism.

For Sam's expressions of the inevitable 'God', see the following:

See minute 14:11 in the following video:
Youtube "Can we build ai without loosing control", with Sam Harris

See minute 1:13  in the following video:
Youtube "Supersapiens", by Markus Mooslechner
RE: Sam Harris (an atheist) says that God is possible/inevitable
welcome to Atheist Forums

Making 6 posts and starting 6 threads is probably not how you want to start here.

Please review our rules and terms of service before starting any more threads

Thank you
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(September 5, 2017 at 2:03 am)vorlon13 Wrote: welcome to Atheist Forums

Making 6 posts and starting 6 threads is probably not how you want to start here.

Thank you

I saw an error message saying the post didn't exist.
So, I thought the post failed to create, until I removed links.

Sorry.
While I'm not going to bother watching this, I do find it funny that you think a quote mine from some ordinary human is going to mean anything when the magic fairy dust of the sky gods doesn't convince atheists because they don't believe in bullshit.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
Go to the intro area and introduce yourself!

We'd like to get to know you better.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(September 5, 2017 at 2:05 am)Brakeman Wrote: While I'm not going to bother watching this, I do find it funny that you think a quote mine from some ordinary human is going to mean anything when the magic fairy dust of the sky gods doesn't convince atheists because they don't believe in bullshit.

Of course, I am atheistic.
The God that Sam refers to is disparate from the theistic God.

(September 5, 2017 at 2:06 am)vorlon13 Wrote: Go to the intro area and introduce yourself!

We'd like to get to know you better.
Will do.
(September 5, 2017 at 2:04 am)ThoughtCurvature Wrote:
(September 5, 2017 at 2:03 am)vorlon13 Wrote: welcome to Atheist Forums

Thank you

I saw an error message saying the post didn't exist.

Sorry.

You were just filling up the spam filter. Might as well read and follow our rules so you aren't wasting your time here. The spam filter is routinely dumped into an unspeakably filthy toilet in a WWF locker room. Not much chance of anyone reading the contents.

Tongue

Hello again ProgrammingGodJordan.
(September 5, 2017 at 2:10 am)vorlon13 Wrote:
(September 5, 2017 at 2:04 am)ThoughtCurvature Wrote: I saw an error message saying the post didn't exist.

Sorry.

You were just filling up the spam filter.  Might as well read and follow our rules so you aren't wasting your time here.  The spam filter is routinely dumped into an unspeakably filthy toilet in a WWF locker room.  Not much chance of anyone reading the contents.

Tongue

It looks like since i was new, the thread wasn't going through with links.
When I removed all the links, the thread went through.
The spam filter then renders any new user's threads as spam, if links (and possibly pictures) are included.
Please familiarize yourself with our rules and terms of service.

Thank you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What does Sam Harris mean by saying that religions are failed sciences? FlatAssembler 18 1077 January 23, 2024 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
Photo Popular atheist says universe is not a work of art like a painting Walter99 32 3399 March 22, 2021 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Local woman says only way she has survived during COVID is faith Tomatoshadow2 41 2795 December 21, 2020 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  scripture says we atheists believe in god android17ak47 17 3210 October 21, 2018 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Possible girlfriend?? Manowar 30 4816 July 26, 2018 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Choosing to/not to Believe? Not Possible? JairCrawford 61 9745 July 1, 2018 at 11:16 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  AronRa as blunt as possible. ignoramus 7 1750 April 12, 2018 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Amarok
  a challenge All atheists There is inevitably a Creator. Logic says that suni_muslim 65 14433 November 28, 2017 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  "No born believers" says new study. Gawdzilla Sama 1 1235 November 9, 2017 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  Long before Hitchens/Dawkins/Harris...... Brian37 3 1740 March 25, 2016 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger