Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Trends in Arabic Anti-semitism
New Trends in Arabic Anti-semitism
I posted this is another thread, but after a second watch I thought it deserved it's own topic.

http://vimeo.com/16779150

Would really love to hear from the Muslim posters here about how this video is a conspiracy and how they follow a peaceful religion.

I felt simply sick at the end of this video, I honestly don't know how a species such as our own who had such great potential went so wrong. Thinking about the things we could have achieved and the world we could be living in by now had we not turned to religion makes me so angry.
RE: New Trends in Arabic Anti-semitism
[youtube]6ZW2Hjf8tNI[/youtube]
RE: New Trends in Arabic Anti-semitism
(November 25, 2010 at 7:13 am)Skipper Wrote: Would really love to hear from the Muslim posters here about how this video is a conspiracy and how they follow a peaceful religion.

I felt simply sick at the end of this video, I honestly don't know how a species such as our own who had such great potential went so wrong. Thinking about the things we could have achieved and the world we could be living in by now had we not turned to religion makes me so angry.

The anti-Semitic comments in the video are not in harmony with the teachings of Islam.

Actually, it has nothing to do with Islam because the conflict between the Arabs and the Jews is mainly a political fight, not a religious fight. It is partly due to the Arab-Israeli War of 1948, the alliances that the Arabs had with the Nazis, the Israeli victories during the wars of 1956 and 1967, and several other political events which took place between the Arabs and the Jews. Even the title of the video tells us that this is a "new trend" amongst the Arabs, which means that such a type of racism did not exist in the early days of Islam, but that it is only fueled by the later events.

Knowing this, we can reasonably say that the anti-Semitic comments in the video are simply a display of racism against the Jews (and maybe even arrogance).

But Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), in his Last Sermon, said:

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve. An Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab, nor does a non-Arab have any superiority over an Arab. Also, a white has no superiority over a black, nor does a black have any superiority over a white except by piety and good action."

What the Arabs in the video have done is that they took a few verses from the Quran, and they interpreted them beyond their meanings, which is not what was not originally commanded by God. So, this means that they didn't use their intellect very well (to understand the Quran). Their intellect was overtaken by their own discriminations and their feelings of superiority and hence the misinterpretations. In other words, they cannot reason properly because they have too much prejudice in their minds. But I'm confident that their is nothing in the Quran that tells us to "hate" the Jews.

Is there anti-Semitism in the Quran?: http://www.theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php...the_quran/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anti-Hijab movment in Iran Eclectic 192 18296 August 26, 2023 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: AVMXF
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1239 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Its not so anti female as i thought it would be? Rufun83 20 1981 August 16, 2018 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The story of the garden, and anti-immigration opinions WinterHold 5 922 June 26, 2018 at 5:36 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Pakistani Anti-Child Marriage Law ‘Anti-Islamic’ & ‘Blasphemous’ ReptilianPeon 21 4613 February 13, 2016 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Australia launches Anti-Islam Party mralstoner 37 8418 November 16, 2015 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 33719 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Did the prophet give arabs glory ? is islam a more arabic religion ? WinterHold 8 5439 February 3, 2013 at 5:01 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Islamic schools in Britain teach anti-Semitism Skipper 33 14757 December 3, 2010 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Jaysyn